Should I Rent out my Posch split master firewood processing equipment?

stevend

I've just registered on here so I can use the forums. My brother bought a Posch split master 30 and a Posch cut master comfort. They cost a fortune. He has left for the good life in Australia and they are just sitting in the barn.

They have only processed about 600 meters of wood in their lifetime and are in really good nick.

I was considering renting them out per week. Do you think this is wise or do you think people will abuse them.

I want to keep them nice for him in case he returns to the UK but its a waste them just sitting there?

Steven

Norfolk

I've just registered on here so I can use the forums. My brother bought a Posch split master 30 and a Posch cut master comfort. They cost a fortune. He has left for the good life in Australia and they are just sitting in the barn.

They have only processed about 600 meters of wood in their lifetime and are in really good nick.

I was considering renting them out per week. Do you think this is wise or do you think people will abuse them.

I want to keep them nice for him in case he returns to the UK but its a waste them just sitting there?

Steven

Norfolk

Welcome Steven.

Don't let it out of your yard without supplying an operator.

Some bugger will Knacker it.

If he's left for Oz why didn't he sell them?

Funny how things work out.

The first new car I had was a Fiesta XR2. My brother bought it then got a job in Japan on a six month contract so he thought he would keep it until he got back home, the six month contract ended within a few weeks (for a full time contract) and he ended up staying there for five years.

I couldn't afford to pay him for the motor but, he didn't need the money, so I paid him monthly until the debt was paid off.

Steven

Norfolk

Rent them out, make a few quid, by the time he comes back they,ll be totally shagged,chuck em on ebay (more cash for you) and tell him they were nicked by the travellers . Sorted!

... Don't let it out of your yard without supplying an operator.

Some bugger will Knacker it.

Hire them out by all means but ONLY with an operator and they also pay you for the operator's time. Otherwise, your assets, will become your burden with constant repair bills.

Don't rent them out without operator to anyone even the mates that tell you they will look after it as though it was there own. Will always comeback knackered. Though you could make some good money hired out with operator

Steven

Norfolk

Hi Steven I would not hire it out mate thanks Jon