both ends of your rope

nuggsy

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use one end and a lanyard but the bloke who i climb with alot uses both ends and swears by it!! Different strokes for different folks i suppose?

As long as the works done and everyones safe then do what feels right?

No, I so as Shrek does, when necessary.

Fair enough, but naturally it would be below you. I don't think droppign stuff into the loop is a real risk, its easy enough to coil it and chuck it out the way. The point is, why do that when one piece of rope trailing to the floor doesn't need moving so that technique must be more efficient?

i dont mind climbing on both ends but i certainly feel safer using 2 ropes

I dont see the point using both ends of your rope when you have a landyard,unless your coming in from a really long branch walk,

why dont you like using 1 rope nuggys?

Dont think there is a problem with climbing with both ends of your rope. Think there is a time and place for it, and its good for getting to places which can be challanging, as it gives a bit more support, but it can also be a pain in the backside.

What i do, do is make sure i dont have a loop hanging in the air, so just use a longer rope.

I dont see the point using both ends of your rope when you have a landyard,unless your coming in from a really long branch walk,

why dont you like using 1 rope nuggys?

tis more wieght to carry round the tree, gets caught on everything and im faster on mainline and lanyard :)

was climbing again today and didnt really need my secondary or the other end of my rope, just used the lanyard for position and transfers