London Plane pollen !!

Stubby

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have the same issue, burning eyes, scratches stinging, sneezing and coughing, etc....

Worst when its a nice calm sunny day.

We do alot of work for the city council, and we found out that their cutters don't cut plane trees in the summer. Meh! :thumbdown:

Then a workmate found something on the German health and safety rules and regs and discovered that actually we aren't allowed to cut plane while there are leaves on them :thumbup:

Its been a while since i worked in the UK, might be worth checking out...

I have been in town square areas with Plane trees , on the continent where many cafes are (France and Spain ) in early summer, and have been affected by this as well , without cutting or chipping ! other customers and staff ( waiters ) are also affected it really is very irritating indeed , from my understanding the leaves have these hairs to deter leaf eaters ( animals etc ) when flushing and then they become loose and airborne and right up your nose !!

I was told while training that they were carcinogenic and not to touch them unless in the winter. I've also been told that councils will sub people in rather than using their own guys for them due to the risk of long term effects.

If you're scheduling in a Plane tree, and you employ someone, then think twice about doing it in leaf. If you're en employee, I'd make a suggestion with regards to scheduling to your boss. If the customer wants it done that quickly, hike up the price, and give the lads a bonus, but make them aware of why!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!