How much should I pay for a website?

Billy

A mate of mine built mine for £50 and hosting costs me £10 for the year... A friend of mine in the business had one done a short whole back and paid £850 I think he had his pants pulled down. I'm sure prices vary it depends on what you want to pay? I personally wouldn't want to part with any more than £300-£400.

I'm having a website built as we speak. 1500 hundred quid. That might sound like a lot but really its nothing serious. Its not a tree surgury website its a pest control website so has a lot of content.

I have ongoing seo and she is worth her weight in gold. Its a local business I pay her 65 quid a month to manage my pay per clicks. You pay for what you get these build your own websites are fine but rarely get onto a search page so only work if someone goes directly to them. Its a mine field.

what do you want to achieve with this site.

If it's the domain in your link the domain name has been suspended, you should be able to buy it back in a couple of months or so.

Try to learn about SEO yourself if you can, otherwise it will cost you a fortune.

You pay for what you get these build your own websites are fine but rarely get onto a search page so only work if someone goes directly to them.

Not my experience.

Used a freebie site called Yola (not quite free now but only £13 per year) for logs and processing and it comes up right at the top of searches for our area. It was very easy to make using a choice of templates. It's not the most sophisticated website but it does what we wanted.

Done a lot of this over ten years

Simple websites are generally just templates that you can do yourself if you can be bothered, but easier to pay few hundred £ and get it done

SEO I spent ages trying to get this sorted, lot of rip off merchants saying 'it'll take you 12 months to get to the top, that'll be £1000 a month - and after a year he has £12,000 of your money.....

If your serious about it use woorank, which had free option, tells you what to do each week to improve your position, (will also get you there quicker as SEO guys are taking their time to max their income )

Faster way be there tomorrow

Use google advertising BUT limit your ads to a very tight geographical area, Relatively cheap to be top ad for tree work in Shrewsbury but very expensive to be top for the whole county

In the same way you would ask why a web-developer would try to cut down and dispose of a tree, why would a tree surgeon try to build and run a website?

For simple operations it's fairly straightforward, though time-consuming and therefore at a cost.

For more technical solutions, it's going to cost more, and the pain of getting it wrong can be, well, painful.

We use these guys, though most of the SEO, news and page building is done inhouse.

Website Design Oxfordshire

Not my experience.

Used a freebie site called Yola (not quite free now but only £13 per year) for logs and processing and it comes up right at the top of searches for our area. It was very easy to make using a choice of templates. It's not the most sophisticated website but it does what we wanted.

As I said rarely. There cannot be a lot of websites competing for those spots as its quite specific and not worth ploughing money into. If there is more competition you need a better website to get into the organic listings. The Internet doesn't stand still and websites that are all based on the same skeleton will start to be pushed down the rankings.

All our web sites were built by a professional the log one was cheap as little competition the others were more expensive as its very competitive in those sectors.

The internet is the only advertising I do because it shows the best return and as a customer myself I know a bad website can be a real turn off.