Petrol Water Pump

WelshMan

My elderly parents are looking to buy a portable petrol water pump to water their recently planted trees including willow, ash and hazel. Water can be taken from the adjoining river/stream. It would need to raise water about 3m maximum probably to an old bath or tubs. They're not too worried about pressure or flow rates. It needs to be fairly light-weight ie. easily moved on a barrow.

There are quite a few on ebay in the range £100 to £150 with bores ranging from 1" to 3".

I haven't a clue what I'm looking for. So if anyone's got any useful advice that would be great. I'm also not sure what needs to be done about filtering the water.

My elderly parents are looking to buy a portable petrol water pump to water their recently planted trees including willow, ash and hazel. Water can be taken from the adjoining river/stream. It would need to raise water about 3m maximum probably to an old bath or tubs. They're not too worried about pressure or flow rates. It needs to be fairly light-weight ie. easily moved on a barrow.

There are quite a few on ebay in the range £100 to £150 with bores ranging from 1" to 3".

I haven't a clue what I'm looking for. So if anyone's got any useful advice that would be great. I'm also not sure what needs to be done about filtering the water.

Taking in to consideration that your parents aren't bothered about flow/pressure and they need something light weight I would go for something like this.

ROBIN SUBARU Petrol Water Pump Two-Stroke Petrol Engine MODEL SE-25L | eBay

All you need for filtering is a strainer of some description fitted to the suction hose, plenty of them on eBay.

Oh, and don't go telling people that they are going to abstract water from a water course.......I'm not sure at what point you would need an abstraction license. But some things are best kept under ya hat.:biggrin:

Taking in to consideration that your parents aren't bothered about flow/pressure and they need something light weight I would go for something like this.

ROBIN SUBARU Petrol Water Pump Two-Stroke Petrol Engine MODEL SE-25L | eBay

All you need for filtering is a strainer of some description fitted to the suction hose, plenty of them on eBay.

Oh, and don't go telling people that they are going to abstract water from a water course.......I'm not sure at what point you would need an abstraction license. But some things are best kept under ya hat.:biggrin:

Eggs I bow to your expertise on the subject but these things need priming.

I'd go for a submersible and small genset, the submersible being hung off a bit of rope to suspend it clear of the bottom so it is sucking in clear water.

Eggs I bow to your expertise on the subject but these things need priming.

I'd go for a submersible and small genset, the submersible being hung off a bit of rope to suspend it clear of the bottom so it is sucking in clear water.

I agree with you totally sir, and if the op is after a submersible I'm just the very man to sell him one.:biggrin:

It would be less work for his parents if they could run an extension cable down to the submersible as and when needed.

HI MATE i no a chap very good ON PUMPS HE HAS NICE PUMP THERE FOR YOUR NEED GET HIM ON THE CIZZER AND PUMP WILL BE CHEAPER :thumbup1:THANKS JON