Stobarts Woodchip prices

Essex arborist

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last year our local commercial tip was taking wood waste for £10 a tonne this year £180. Last year we could not get joinery off cuts to make kindling. This year yard is full. I think wood chip was the new gold while the grants were around but now the bubble has burst. Can you not compost it and sell it to the public.

We have a chip dump just down the road and the guy is filled to the brim with the stuff. If it was not for a bit of gate money for the dumping of it he would not be able to warrant leaving a machine on the pile to load the Stobbart trucks as and when they decide they will grace his presence. The quality of chipped arb arisings is poor, lots of chogs ,tools ,rubble , litter and a high leaf content which all contribute to its poor value. If I had walking floor I would run it down to the docks but they wont allow normal tippers in a lot of these places now and with the poor return I cant substantiate the spend.

Bob

http://arbtalk.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=158419&stc=1&d=1402125512

fodentipper002_zps5afa4a9f.jpg.6552c662a274ee9de685a8d9eab4739d.jpg

Is it not possible to sell direct to power stations and arrange your own haulage?

The power stations in theory can only accept chip from sustainable forests the same rules as per RHI chip making arb derived chip worthless for this market. Your then really only left with animal bedding and compost.

GDG were re screening arb arisings for power station use but that stopped when the power stations started to get paid to incinerate household waste. Stobbarts now run arb chip abroad so there is a market for it but its a logistcal nightmare.

Bob

If it helps out I can take almost as much woodchip as anybody has! Easy tip, no drama, no fuss. Right on the A28 between Ashford and Tenterden in Kent. Give me a call if this is of interest to anybody and I will give you address details. Andy Mac - 07807 340386