Unimog 1250AG red or white fuel.

TIMON

Thanks for this.... Chip trailer in the future sounds like an interesting prospect. We'd have to fit the chipper to the front pto..

Legal on motorways is great news, we're surrounded by them where we are.

Nice one guys, enjoy the arb show if your going!! (Couldn't make it this year due to work commitments )

Definitely going next year.....

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

why the front, 4wheeled trailer, european style with front axle steerable, pto on rear 3 point linkage discharging back into trailer, remember trailer length doesnt include drawbar, and max train length is 18m, you've just got to learn to reverse steerable trailers!!!!

Don't know how we could fit the drawbar under the chipper . It sits quite low down even with linkage raised.... Also feeding the chipper would be awkward with the feed hopper pointing back towards the drawbar. (No turntable). Must admit the idea of a decent trailer is appealing :)

On the front is much simpler and where they are meant to be on a Mog, it balances them out.

Just driving into a job and you are ready to go, no faffing about getting reversed in and frustration with people who can't guide you back.

And it leaves room for other implements that aren't aswell suited on the front.

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1402150378.766878.jpg.8deaf203d32c633535cb9aff81bc8dda.jpg

Legal on motorways is great news, we're surrounded by them where we are.

Nice one guys, enjoy the arb show if your going!! (Couldn't make it this year due to work commitments )

Definitely going next year.....

Take some legal advice on this because you cant take an agricultural vehicle on the motorway , the government changed the law on this with section 253.

https://www.gov.uk/motorways-253-to-273/general-253-to-254

You can however register a mog as a truck but then all the weight restrictions,plating,o license, white diesel and taxation class will be the same as a truck.

Road legality of farm machines a costly issue for contractor | Features | Farmers Guardian

We have been on the wrong end of this and its not a grey area at all its in black and white. Just because someone drove past a police car without being pulled on the motorway does not mean they are allright.

Bob

Just run it on red. The chances of anyone checking a mog are slim but I expect someone will pipe up in a minute and say theyve been checked. The fine isnt much anyway and for all the years you run it on white you will have paid much more in fuel than the avtual fine. If you do get stopped just plead that it was an ag vehicle so you thougt it was ok. Lets face it your not going to jail for it are you.

Just run it on red. The chances of anyone checking a mog are slim but I expect someone will pipe up in a minute and say theyve been checked. The fine isnt much anyway and for all the years you run it on white you will have paid much more in fuel than the avtual fine. If you do get stopped just plead that it was an ag vehicle so you thougt it was ok. Lets face it your not going to jail for it are you.

That was the way to roll until a few years ago but your advice is about a decade out of date.

The powers that be are better clued up, they have revised statute legislation ANPR cameras and joint agency checks on their side.

These days the fine is much and as far as "all the years" goes, you do know they can and do assess what THEY think you have used in fuel over the time THEY decide you have been using it and charge you the difference in unpaid duty.

You might not go to jail but when your vehicle is on the back of a truck heading for impound while they assess what you owe how are you going to earn a living.

Ouch! I've been stopped by the old ministry of transport then by vosa. in 7&1/2 trucks before. Vosa were much

tighter. I've heard that the new agency are contracted and have targets so are stricter again. One of the reasons we got the mog was that we were always over weight in our transit and LDV. We didn't want the hassle of a 7,1/2.... Putting people through their (new) licences then have them leave plus all the hassle of tachometers etc...

Thanks