Random Acts of Kindness

Gardenmac

As I pulled in to the house tonight totally knackered there was a car in the bus lay by opposite. Put my gear away and noticed car still there. Walked over to see if they alright and they'd run out of of petrol. Lucky enough had been the garage and filled up a couple of cans ready for tomorrow. Used it fill them up and get them on their way. That's my brownie points for today hell yeah!:thumbup1:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couple of months ago our young son was not sleeping well and he likes a drive through the woodland so we went for a drive. There was a young male in running gear sitting on the side of the road trying to wave cars down. We drove past at first due to his position on a blind bend but as I drove past it felt wrong so next opportunity to turn round we went back to check on him. Turned out he had slipped down a verge and badly sprained his foot. He only lived 2 miles up a steep hill so we helped him in an drove him home. He was very grateful. About a month later we were on our way shopping and a car was pulled up on the other side of the road with the bonnet up. A young Nigerian couple standing there jump leads in hand. Pulled up in front of them popped the bonnet and less than 1 min later we were back on route. Turns out the poor couple had been standing there for 45mins. How many people had driven passed them at 10am on a Sunday morning that could have spared one min of their day to jump a car is beyond me.

Busy three lane roundabout with a hire van stopped in the middle lane - total chaos with cars swerving round him. Went round again, pulled in front, helped him find his towing eye and towed him off and on to the nearest garage. (He'd run out of fuel)

Tow all the neighbours off the street every time it snows.

Homeless chap outside sainsburys a while back. Gave him a few quid on the way in, then felt guilty as I was only buying (wasting money) on flowers for the wife, so bought some hot steak pies from the deli and gave them to him on the way out. And apologised because that was all they had at the time.

Oh, and climbed off a neighbouring balcony (knew this climbing lark would be useful), kicked a window in and rescued two young children from our neighbours flat after the lad put the chip pan on and fell asleep. The front doors were fire-doors and we couldn't smash through the bloody things. (Edit - This one doesn't really count as an act of kindness - more a case of necessity )

Couple of months ago our young son was not sleeping well and he likes a drive through the woodland so we went for a drive. There was a young male in running gear sitting on the side of the road trying to wave cars down. We drove past at first due to his position on a blind bend but as I drove past it felt wrong so next opportunity to turn round we went back to check on him. Turned out he had slipped down a verge and badly sprained his foot. He only lived 2 miles up a steep hill so we helped him in an drove him home. He was very grateful. About a month later we were on our way shopping and a car was pulled up on the other side of the road with the bonnet up. A young Nigerian couple standing there jump leads in hand. Pulled up in front of them popped the bonnet and less than 1 min later we were back on route. Turns out the poor couple had been standing there for 45mins. How many people had driven passed them at 10am on a Sunday morning that could have spared one min of their day to jump a car is beyond me.

The important thing for me is that you counteracted all the negatives with your real kindness:001_smile:

Busy three lane roundabout with a hire van stopped in the middle lane - total chaos with cars swerving round him. Went round again, pulled in front, helped him find his towing eye and towed him off and on to the nearest garage. (He'd run out of fuel)

Tow all the neighbours off the street every time it snows.

Homeless chap outside sainsburys a while back. Gave him a few quid on the way in, then felt guilty as I was only buying (wasting money) on flowers for the wife, so bought some hot steak pies from the deli and gave them to him on the way out. And apologised because that was all they had at the time.

Oh, and climbed off a neighbouring balcony (knew this climbing lark would be useful), kicked a window in and rescued two young children from our neighbours flat after the lad put the chip pan on and fell asleep. The front doors were fire-doors and we couldn't smash through the bloody things. (Edit - This one doesn't really count as an act of kindness - more a case of necessity )

These are all big brownie points, hope you enjoyed the feeling of helping other people.:thumbup:

My mates eldest came home from work and did this - it killed him

What a waste of sixteen year old lad

I reckon you saved those kids lives ......

I paid for an old ladies shopping once, i was in the que behind her in the supermarket and her card wouldn't work, she had no cash or any other means to pay. She was getting in a right state so I paid for it, was only something like £23. She insisted on taking my details but I said not to worry but if it really bothered her then pop £23 in a charity box.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Arbtalk mobile app

I do try and do the odd good deed. One that has relevance to this forum.

Driving along see some big conifer lumps in a driveway. Stop and ask if they are for the tip etc. No, a local gardener drops off bits and pieces for firewood but these are too big and bloke only has a rusty bow saw and hatchet. I offer to cut them up for him and do so next day and decline his kind offer of 50/50. Some 4 months later I get a call out the blue, same guy is moving house and he offers me his wood pile (about a cube) and passes his gardener contact to me.:thumbup1: