Chipper oil change...

Ty Korrigan

The hour clock is there to tell you how many hours work it's done!

So if it's done enough hours to require the oil change then it's done enough hours for the other remain service item to be done!!!

If your car is due a service every 10000 miles does the garage only change the oil? If a DIYer services his own car at 10000 miles does he just change the oil because it only takes 10 minutes and it doesn't matter about the rest ( that's why cars with service history hold there value longer!)

Changing the oil and filter is better than nothing being done but like a car there is a safety factor to think about and safety devices and other moving conponets which need equal maintenance as regular oil changes !

Is it a chipper, is it a mower or another broken stump grinder who cares we'll fix it!

How ever it is all dependant on what is required in the particular machines service requirements . Also the safety elements should be checked prior to every use . I think the thing that is being overlooked here is that a guy has asked for a rough cost for an oil and filter change to compare costs simples . For all we know it is a mid service interval oil change .

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The hour clock is there to tell you how many hours work it's done!

So if it's done enough hours to require the oil change then it's done enough hours for the other remain service item to be done!!!

If your car is due a service every 10000 miles does the garage only change the oil? If a DIYer services his own car at 10000 miles does he just change the oil because it only takes 10 minutes and it doesn't matter about the rest ( that's why cars with service history hold there value longer!)

Changing the oil and filter is better than nothing being done but like a car there is a safety factor to think about and safety devices and other moving conponets which need equal maintenance as regular oil changes !

Is it a chipper, is it a mower or another broken stump grinder who cares we'll fix it!

What I'm saying is that some of us are aware of the hourly intervals at which different components and oils should be changed. Which differ. Just because oil needs doing, it doesn't mean everything else does.

So what's the correct oil for the 4 pot kubota engine in tw 150 etc? Mines due an oil change! If I can do something myself I will do it! If I can't I pay someone else to do it!! Simple!!

All Kubota Diesel engines working at UK seasonal temperatures should be

10w/30 CJ-4