Ash dieback???

Acg128

The same story up here, late and without vigor.

I went away a few weeks ago (from Gatwick) and on the drive back up (8th of May) to Scotland I hate to say but it was a consistent story all across the journey.

The worst part of it, as of yet, we've no cases on the island (Bute), but they're not looking great here. I shall keep my eye's peeled for symptons.

This is a very useful document:

Chalara symptoms photoguide.pdf

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Similar situation here with lateness and a considerable number not looking very healthy.

Of the 1500 trees that my wife and I have planted in the last four/five years there's not an Ash amongst them except for the natural regen ones so we will play the waiting game with those. We have about 1500 to plant before our plan is completed so there are still gaps to fill.

codlasher

This is soul destroying news from all, I think the gales we had (at least 13 at my count) have probably done nothing but spread it all over the shop with superb efficiency.

From my eyes this is too much of a widespread and sudden change in condition of our ashes, which last year appeared pretty normal.

this summer is going to reveal the true power of this pathogen.

I've been looking at the ash trees around our house for some weeks thinking there late a lot of the crown show no sign of leaf at all. It's quite sad looking at the remains of chestnut grove then 4 mature giant ash trees looking so ill then in the field opposite our house there is a giant oak that looks like it's going to have to come down / pollarded. Sad indeed.:thumbdown:

I have been blown away by the number of cases I have seen recently.In Norfolk ,suffolk,essex and cambridgeshire Chalara is rife.Two wonderful Norfolk Wildlife trust sites,including a wood containing some very old Ash stools are absoloutely full of it.

I truly hoped that the media coverage was a flash in the pan,but Now im seeing it almost daily.gutted.

I have been blown away by the number of cases I have seen recently.In Norfolk ,suffolk,essex and cambridgeshire Chalara is rife.Two wonderful Norfolk Wildlife trust sites,including a wood containing some very old Ash stools are absoloutely full of it.

I truly hoped that the media coverage was a flash in the pan,but Now im seeing it almost daily.gutted.

and everyone basically told me to take a running jump when i asked for support on direct action back in autumn 2012, Gerrit Keizer had warned at least two high profiles 2 years aheadof that.

The authorities knew pre 2010 of the threat, and did squatt:thumbdown:

and I am sorry to say but this one is going to be a big one, not unlike DED