Ash dieback???

Acg128

It's rife throughout East Anglia ( I live about 10m from Ashwellthorpe where it was 'first' spotted and I've seen it in pretty much every wood we've worked in also it was in saplings/young road side trees all the way up the A1 to Sheffield last summer. It is so sad to see the decline of my favourite and most versatile of trees, and the chances of finding/keeping resistant stock are reducing as estates etc are being encouraged to fell all their good ash by some export company. : ( : (

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WTF is going on here, you all sound like a bunch of hysterical nutters. Yes the Ash is late this year, it is sometimes.

BEST POST SO FAR!

:laugh1::thumbup1:

A bit of hysteria is a good thing for most of us. It provokes all sorts of emotions. Some of us start ranting, some of us hit the booze, some of us chop logs. My reaction is usually to buy more gear online, that I don't need!

Edited by Old Mill Tree Care

Nothing wrong with this one today, biggish, probably 80'.ImageUploadedByArbtalk1401396144.042872.jpg.60986396da0d2afa877becdbb1d480cc.jpg

Two weeks ago it looked dead.

Many are late, very late, and just look weak. Not Chalara, just not right.

Lets hope it's a blip, but there are many people on here with far greater experience and knowledge than mine who are worried about the future of these great trees.

We'll see.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

WTF is going on here, you all sound like a bunch of hysterical nutters. Yes the Ash is late this year, it is sometimes.

Yep, it is sometimes.

BUT, perhaps you've not seen what others have! Around us it's not a seasonal thing, and yes I'm long enough in the tooth to have seen a few seasons come and go!

In a couple of years time you can come back and tell me I was wrong when they've all come back from the dead.

Likewise, if it's the other way around, I'll just say "I told you so"

If only I were a betting man;-)

I live in Norfolk, of course I've seen it. I'm also involved in a survey project that is mapping it's spread through a NNR ASNW site in Norfolk.

All I'm saying is that this has got a bit out of hand.

Just because Ash don't seem to be doing well this year doesn't mean it's chalara.