Stolen night of Thursday 22nd May

and the next night they hit me! brand new unused 66 and 88, 2x 200t 150t and a nearly new 46

Gutting and know how you feel.

mine had only been in 2 days, and the alarms turned up for the sheds in the morning after they got nicked.

thats the 6th time for me, the last lot took me into an employed job and ten years work to pay for all that had been taken over a period of 2 years.

They know who what and where you are, they will come again and again until it just gets too darn hard, or like one guy I know of that had a rebar cage welded inside his shed, and wired to the mains.

folk are going to extremes now, it wont be long till one such incident ends up on the main news.

sorry for the loss mate, it sucks, we work hard and they clean us, and no one gives a damn because we pay for new saws plus vat, shop gets a profit, government get VAT and what do we get? a crime reference number and a bigger insurance bill next time, or if for the 6th time, refused to insure!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to hear about your loss. When we had a health and safety audit done at previous site the H&S consultant told us that we needed to make sure that our premises were safe for burglars!!! If a thief enters your property and hurts himself you get sued... Outrageous but true. It's a sad state of affairs but it's not just the thieves you have to contend with these days. My advice is be wise when adding security measures, while it's very tempting to install aggressive measures they can come back and bite you (costly litigation etc...) as an ex-thief I would recommend muti-layered physical defences. Then perhaps false floors and walls for concealed storage. Leave out only old nackered machinery as decoys..

Hope you recover from your losses soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Sorry to hear about your loss. When we had a health and safety audit done at previous site the H&S consultant told us that we needed to make sure that our premises were safe for burglars!!! If a thief enters your property and hurts himself you get sued... Outrageous but true. It's a sad state of affairs but it's not just the thieves you have to contend with these days. My advice is be wise when adding security measures, while it's very tempting to install aggressive measures they can come back and bite you (costly litigation etc...) as an ex-thief I would recommend muti-layered physical defences. Then perhaps false floors and walls for concealed storage. Leave out only old nackered machinery as decoys..

Hope you recover from your losses soon.

I'll take my chances with Jail & Litigation, so if you are on here or watching .... Beware!

I appreciate your advise, but please, if any would be thief is reading/watching/listening don't bank on me thinking too much about your welfare... or my own future!

Little Steven

I'll take my chances with Jail & Litigation, so if you are on here or watching .... Beware!

I appreciate your advise, but please, if any would be thief is reading/watching/listening don't bank on me thinking too much about your welfare... or my own future!

Little Steven

Totally understand where your coming from. We've been had a couple of times (once at gunpoint where they emptied the safe) other times we've lost equipment. Along the way we've had to learn to adapt when it comes to our security.

But since our tree business is owned and run by registered charity, fighting fire with fire is not an option for us.

and the next night they hit me! brand new unused 66 and 88, 2x 200t 150t and a nearly new 46

Gutting and know how you feel.

mine had only been in 2 days, and the alarms turned up for the sheds in the morning after they got nicked.

thats the 6th time for me, the last lot took me into an employed job and ten years work to pay for all that had been taken over a period of 2 years.

They know who what and where you are, they will come again and again until it just gets too darn hard, or like one guy I know of that had a rebar cage welded inside his shed, and wired to the mains.

folk are going to extremes now, it wont be long till one such incident ends up on the main news.

sorry for the loss mate, it sucks, we work hard and they clean us, and no one gives a damn because we pay for new saws plus vat, shop gets a profit, government get VAT and what do we get? a crime reference number and a bigger insurance bill next time, or if for the 6th time, refused to insure!

Sorry to hear that happened again tony.... Your spot on with the rest mate.

Totally understand where your coming from. We've been had a couple of times (once at gunpoint where they emptied the safe) other times we've lost equipment. Along the way we've had to learn to adapt when it comes to our security.

But since our tree business is owned and run by registered charity, fighting fire with fire is not an option for us.

Absolutely agree with you.... I've been involved with security for over 35 years starting off as a Royal Marine, then running teams around the world. I understand the emphasis and the fact 'they' only wanted to steal a saw and you took excessive action. I understand the difference between a ambush & kidnap, that acting incorrectly causes something that wasn't intended.

I am also involved with running and setting up a charity.

Certain things are within my control, reaction is one of them. I am happy and capable also to accept the consequences.

Enough is enough, been robbed once, twice, six times. I marvel at the resilience of these stalwarts.

Society has gone mad with perpetrators rights, I will no doubt view it all from my warm, dry, cell, been fed & watered without dragging any brash all paid for!

Kind regards and total understanding

Steve