More Brain picking

NickinMids

Doesn't look fell-able to me without doing damage to lawn, and those raised beds which look like they could be built of mortared stone?, also you'd need to remove quite a bit off the side limbs to avoid damage to neighbouring small trees.

Probably find that organised lowering and clearing would be quicker than smashing it down in one and then spending a few days cleaning up the mess and damage.

Big heavy rings like that you'll probably only move one at a time or have to half them.

Yep a 1k would be the minimum I should think.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's the heavy you need to watch out for. 1m dia?

I'll see Billy's £1k and raise you £150.

They'll be a lot of dust to rake if you're handballing it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Know what you mean....the last really big one was 4 ft diameter. Cutting up the trunk was a nightmare and we had 2 builders bags of just sawdust

Have you explored the option of milling on site?

Cedar is a good timber for outdoor use as it's very durable, so if they have a need for timber to build sheds, decking, summerhouse etc then if the timber is clean it will work out better overall to pay for the milling rather than for the extraction and disposal, plus buying in timber.

Cedar timber is, ultimately, saleable, but it is hard work - I certainly wouldn't lead a home owner to believe they can simply convert their tree to cash!

Overall though, if they can see a use for it, it may be an easier option all round.

Alec

I'd need to see how far the drag was to be honest, always hard to price a job on a picture alone.

I can only see a shed and some stone walling, so dismantling the tree isn't by any means a tricky job. Brash off by twelve, timber and clear up in the afternoon. No more than one load of chip and the timber would fit on the 7.5 tonner. Fairly standard job for a days work up our way. But like I say, id have to see it in the flesh.