Eliet shredders

dogman

I find that work has changed, & I know hardly, cut anything over an inch, & mostly far smaller, starting to wonder if I should get a shredder, as my treebusta does struggle with small stuff & constantly jams up on it.

Any thoughts/comments ?

Rob

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used an eliet a few years back on hire, for 20 mins sent it back. They should be better now. But it was slow and each twig had to be forced in by hand, viberations not good.

The problem is proper big kit does the throughput with less effort and much quicker. You certainly need to do the research or try different ones on hire.

Then again I hired a Major for a day re a garden clearance and found it excellent. Yes, hard work on 3/4" stuff but remember it's a portable shredder, not a chipper such as - oh, I dunno - a Treebusta!!! :001_tongue:

Got a major pro and can't fault it. It's not a chipper but for my work I find it portable enough for my needs. I am not shredding everyday with it mind. Regarding throughput, I can't really quantify, I lay down a ground sheet and and start shredding and gradually reverse it to make nice wee lumps of chippings. Then chuck it in to my trailer. I'm not playing by the clock but I don't feel as if i'm being held back by it. It is quite top heavy though so i'm careful when transporting it.

I've emailed Eliet to see if I can get a demo, But I've been looking at a Echo/bearcat on ebay...

Rob

To be the fair, the echo is a chipper/shredder whereas the Eliet is a shredder, which is what makes it so good for general waste timber disposal. It will handle copious amounts of leaf and will even take stoney stuff with minimal damage to the blades.

I have sold several and the customers just love them.

To be the fair, the echo is a chipper/shredder whereas the Eliet is a shredder, which is what makes it so good for general waste timber disposal. It will handle copious amounts of leaf and will even take stoney stuff with minimal damage to the blades.

I have sold several and the customers just love them.

Have you sold any Eliet Prof 5?