Wind farms!

eggsarascal

(i)The stupid feckless rich will get poorer.

(ii)The schrewd rich will get richer.

(iii)The equally schrewd poor(er) will also get rich.

(iv)The feckless stupid poor will stay poor.

There is a very simple reason for all the above statements

That is those with money, are generally those who understand money, and how to both make money and not waste money.

Either with hard graft or brains.

Then they are those who simply say " Its easy for them, they always had money"

Simply not true.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems that the UK has its very own version of the "tea party."

They worship money as their god, while scorning scientific progress.

No amount of beer could make that band's music palatable!

Check out their police dog bites suspect in the neck thread to get the true essence of their circular sicknesses.

Jomoco

I've been a cyder drinker all my life (good old Bob Luck!).

We engineers understand the problem, but politicians only understand how to protect their votes and pensions!

As we all know, wind can produce free energy but only if the air pressure zones (high/low) and temperature diffentials (sea/land) are in the right place at the right time... which they rarely are, especially in mid-winter when we need on-demand energy the most and even then we need steady winds, which means the Jet-stream behaving itself!!

But wind will never produce energy on demand - ask any 18thC/19thC flour miller! So, we have to rely on coal/nuclear/gas being burnt 24/7/365 regardless. The only way wind or solar comes into its own is in water irrigation systems and stored energy systems - pumping water to reservoirs for on-demand hydro-electricty, or inefficiently charging hugely expensive and environmentally damaging low voltage (24V) accumulators. End of story!

Now try and explain that to a 'green' polictician! Right, who's nicked my cyder flaggon?

I've been a cyder drinker all my life (good old Bob Luck!).

We engineers understand the problem, but politicians only understand how to protect their votes and pensions!

As we all know, wind can produce free energy but only if the air pressure zones (high/low) and temperature diffentials (sea/land) are in the right place at the right time... which they rarely are, especially in mid-winter when we need on-demand energy the most and even then we need steady winds, which means the Jet-stream behaving itself!!

But wind will never produce energy on demand - ask any 18thC/19thC flour miller! So, we have to rely on coal/nuclear/gas being burnt 24/7/365 regardless. The only way wind or solar comes into its own is in water irrigation systems and stored energy systems - pumping water to reservoirs for on-demand hydro-electricty, or inefficiently charging hugely expensive and environmentally damaging low voltage (24V) accumulators. End of story!

Now try and explain that to a 'green' polictician! Right, who's nicked my cyder flaggon?

Hi mate cizzer very good BUT IT NEEDS TO BE SOMERSET CIZZER THANKS JON

But wind will never produce energy on demand - ask any 18thC/19thC flour miller! So, we have to rely on coal/nuclear/gas being burnt 24/7/365 regardless. The only way wind or solar comes into its own is in water irrigation systems and stored energy systems - pumping water to reservoirs for on-demand hydro-electricty,

The other thing to consider is that the power in an airflow is proportional to the cube of its velocity. So if you design the turbine to produce its rated power at say 12 metres/sec than you have to stop generating if the wind speed gets much higher.

The two nearest sizeable turbines to me are in built up areas but only produce about 10% of their rated output per year, this is no big deal it just means the return on investment is poor. Those turbines in the uplands, which are definitely impinging on my view when walking now, produce about 30%. As I understand it in general they have not performed as well as expected.

The VAWT ones at the Ministry or agriculture buildings on my M25 commute past Byfleet seldom seem to turn.

I see offshore wind farms from Brighton and up near Cromer and on the flight back from Ulster there was one off the mersey, I find these much more acceptable but the operating costs will be high and life shorter I expect, gives a bit of work to the IRATA qualified climbers though.

or inefficiently charging hugely expensive and environmentally damaging low voltage (24V) accumulators.

Please explain inefficiently charging and environmentally damaging in this respect.

How many places are left for low cost pumped storage, say a capacity of 7 million m3 of water 600 metres above a turbine?

Apart from using less power (we do since our engineering was exported to other countries who happily build coal burning and nuclear power stations) as flat screens, led lighting and better insulation reduce our domestic demand maybe we need a bit of intelligence in running our freezers, washing machines etc. to track current capacity.

As I said they should say on weather forcast what we can have for tea generated by wind turbines

Not much fun when it snowing and they say SALAD AGAIN.

Also if you look there are not many ten year old wind turbines working 7 days a week"..

I think they should state a categorical amount they will generate on their planning application, and if production falls below that they have to take turbines down.....

That would stop all those lies being told on planning applications

(i)The stupid feckless rich will get poorer.

(ii)The schrewd rich will get richer.

(iii)The equally schrewd poor(er) will also get rich.

(iv)The feckless stupid poor will stay poor.

There is a very simple reason for all the above statements

That is those with money, are generally those who understand money, and how to both make money and not waste money.

Either with hard graft or brains.

Then they are those who simply say " Its easy for them, they always had money"

Simply not true.

So if the feckless stupid people were not feckless and stupid, everyone in this country would be rich?? 60-70 million rich people in one place??

If you have money it is easier to make money!

Well yes!

Difflock, your post is a crock of capitalist crap.

It takes all sorts.

Shrewd not schrewd!

I was aware I has misspelled schrewd.

However my, perhaps misunderstood, point was more about those who state "its easy for them, they always had money"

Stated Whilst quaffing beer, sipping their Latte coffee's, planning their holidays(where is the World Cup this year?) and paying credit card interest.

That is what essentially seperates the self-styled 99% from the rest, short term satisfaction put ahead of long term goals.

Sorry, but absolutly true.

Marcus

PS

Also very easy to lose money, if one has it to lose!

"A fool and his money are soon parted" applies equally at all levels of wealth.

Edited by difflock

Every energy user in the country should subsidise the dicks that put up turbines!

It's rather annoying.

They don't pay for themselves never mind give us renewable energy, cloud cuckoo land