Cost to chip cut down hedge

Jamiedownes

Question

Hi anyone give me a ball park figure of what it would cost to chip a leylandii and Laurel hedge that I've just cut down , to give you an idea of size it was about 12 feet high and 10 feet wide total 40 feet long.

I'm in hinckley leicestershire - if anyone's local maybe they could quote for the job - just trying to weigh up if it's cheaper to chip or cart it to the tip in a hired pick up

• Answers 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Here is a common one for us.

When we do a quote I always put in 'option' stump removal.

Every so often a client doesn't take us up on it.:confused1:

(normally the ones who negotiate for every 'petite sous')

They say "Oh I have a mate with a digger who can get it out for a beer"...

Oh yeh, right!:001_rolleyes:

Later I get a call "How much to get rid of that stump?":laugh1:

Their 'mate' has either left it in the front garden realising the local tip won't take stumps OR has had a go with his 1.5ton mini-digger on a 1m+ cedar and FAILED but ruined the garden around the stump.:thumbdown:

I'm not interested, partly out of spite and partly because I don't need the kind of work that causes headaches through another's false economy.

Ty

Ty, that's a common 1 around here as well with stumps but I always am careful to add in the quote that the price for the stump only applies if I cut the tree down and is accepted at the same time as the tree price, non of this calling up 3 month later saying can we have rid of the stump now that's sat in the middle of a bomb crater that I'd struggle to get a hurricane grinder too.

Had a few can you chip for us...

. Turned out to be a bonfire of singed conifer covered in oil from them trying to burn it, no thanks!!

sent while pretending to do something important on my mobile.

Some builders are the worst. Get the ground workers to rip out the scrub instead of paying to have it cut and chipped on site when they would just have the stumps to deal with. They end up with a massive pile of crushed, soil encrusted brash and the get arsy when no one wants to go and chip it for them. On the other hand if its clean and loosely stacked then work is work and you name your price. People can take it or leave it.

I've done one job that was chip only. I was working at one house & a guy approached me. I charged him £35 for the first hour,then £10 for every 15 minutes after that.

It was all smallish stuff, nothing bigger than 2", & took me 1hr 10 minutes, but it sounds like I'm under charging.

Rob