Villager log burner?

mickdundee

I think mine is a Villager Yeoman. Looks very similar to yours.

My Dad put mine in, about 30 years ago. I think it was second hand then!

[ATTACH]154064[/ATTACH]

I haven't tidied up either. Just took the pic, fire is lit tonight. :)

Your stove looks like a Yeoman "Devon" low canopy, Different company to Villager.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do any of you have fisher stoves? I picked one up a month or so back but it doesn't say what kW it is or what model. Round the doors, the writing and the trees where brass but were pretty grubby and scratched so I re painted hole thing black. Not bad for £50 tho! ImageUploadedByArbtalk1397891353.568308.jpg.fd731688aa29e863e1a6c01daf74a645.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

The front of it looks like a model B, now replaced by Flatmate.

The model A that was suggested elsewhere does not have doors that go all the way tp the edge of the stove like yours.

Villager A reviews uk - WhatStove.co.uk

As a single depth stove the heat output of the B is 8kw,

I did rebuild a B for a client last autumn, he had bought the house and was minded to change the stove as it looked tired, notes with the property said teh stove was installed in the early 70s. A new set of glass, new door and glass rope set, new firebricks, a clean up and re spray and it was good as new.

The glass on yours looks claggy, when you have the stove running burning wood close off the air inlets in the lower doors and control the stove using the air inlets in the tops of the doors only. The glass is held in place by some very sensible studs and nuts so its easy to change if needed. If a stud shears it can be quickly and quite cheaply repaired by Villager ( Arada). The doors are all individually fitted so its unlikely a replacement door would fit.

A

Thanks very much :thumbup1:

Your stove looks like a Yeoman "Devon" low canopy, Different company to Villager.

No way, look at the secondary air supply openings in the tops of the doors and the club shaped cut outs beside it.

Yeoman, now owned by NIBE I think ( but might be wrong) is as you say a different company to Villager, owned by Arada.

A

Inside picture. We need new fire bricks

From memory they are all the same size now, four on the bottom, four on the back and two? each side. the ones coming out at teh sides may be one piece. Baffle plate on top a bit bent, just check that it is flat, if not look to replace it. On the one I did there was a lip on either the front or rear edge, yours looks different, a call to Arada tech would not go amiss, but have a look here first,

Throat Plates for Wood Burning Spares

Usually no tools needed to dismantle.

Liners for Wood Burning Spares

If the glass wont clean up ( looks like it may be etched) the new glass kits are pretty cheap. Strip the doors right out, (they just lift off, dont loose the pins) clean up with a wire brush ( I use one on an angle grinder) and respray using two thin coats of aerosol stove paint.

You should be able to source the parts from your local Villager dealer, or the manufacturers direct, ( see link above) or me. Might be an idea to check how many you need, think the sides take two each side replacing one bigger one.

A

Edited by Alycidon

Do any of you have fisher stoves? I picked one up a month or so back but it doesn't say what kW it is or what model. Round the doors, the writing and the trees where brass but were pretty grubby and scratched so I re painted hole thing black. Not bad for £50 tho! [ATTACH]154086[/ATTACH]

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

here is some info

Fisher Wood Stoves

takes either a 16 inch or 20 inch log, that makes it bigger than it looks, 20 inch logs would put it in the 12kw upwards area.

a

A

Edited by Alycidon