Welcome new members

Steve Bullman

Well, I guess Holiday is over. I came to visit a friend, I think I made a few more. I hope I made a few of you laugh. I feel any day I can make at least one person laugh, is a day well lived. The grass is growing, so I have to get back to work. I'll stop in now and then, but probably not every day. Be well, work safe, and God be with you, Joe.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

On 26/03/2021 at 16:13, rarefish383 said:

Well, yes it was some very good advertising. Some of the funniest adds going way back then. But, now it's all geared to week water flavored beer so one guy can drink a 30 pack over the weekend. I went into my one mates garage with a six of Guinness. Then his wife walked in, so I asked her if she would like a beer. My mate says, "She doesn't drink beer". She held one finger up at him and said, "I don't drink YOUR beer" She asked what I had and I held up the six pack, She then said, "Yes, I'll have one of your's . I'm very partial to IPA's, then Dunkle's, then a good lager. If I'm at a cook out and get offered a Lite beer, I might drink one, just to be polite. Some times I'm just rude, and say, no thanks, I don't drink horse piss.

YOUR beer lol. Apparently our beer is stronger in general. I like Heineken and local Muskoka brewery. A case of Heini is $37US, Muskoka is a few bucks more (local lol). Most drink Canadian beers here, like Labatt Blue, Canadian, Moosehead. I can't drink these, its like water. lots of trendy youngish Corona drinkers. One way to tell Heineken has a following...at our Beerfest, the Heini tent is the most packed and happening. 30 cans of Crystal Light in a weekend? My buddy Stevey does 30 tallboys a 2 packs of butts in one night and he's up at 6:30 am ready to roll. Some beer is sold in government liquor stores that close at 9, 10 at some locations, now probably only with the lockdown. The beer there is more expensive than the the actual Beer Store ( or Brewers Retail, so cheesy, I know) but last few years you can buy (more expensive of course) at the supermarket. The Beer Store has a sign showing the top ten beers. Only two brands are actually good, the rest are what the alcoholics can afford XD

If I were going to drink Canadian beer, especially if I was in Nova Scotia, it would be one of Alexander Keith's. I have never had one of their beers that I did not like. Way back, 30-40 years ago we used to drink Molson's and Labatt's. Of the British beer/Ale we can get I always like Boddinton's, New Castle Brown, I'd really like to try Timothy Taylors Boltmaker. I might try and find some soon. I've always like Guinness Stout. We had a young man from Ireland stay with us for a month or so. I always had Guinness in the fridge. He said if I liked what we had here, I would love the real stuff back in Ireland.  My daughter flew to Ireland twice for Saint Paddy's Day. She said the Guinness on tap there was much better than what we get here. 

• 1 month later...

Looks like I haven't posted on here since 2014! Keep getting emails from topics that I had followed and thought I would just  pop in and say Hi. Quite a bit has happened in the last seven years. Had my Aorta replaced during emergency surgery, eight months in Hospital and left in a wheelchair. Still in it now! But on the plus side they kept me alive for a bit longer, so I can still annoy the Mrs. For some strange and bizarre reason we sold our old Charentaise long house, with a stair lift and downstairs bathroom (ideal for the disabled) and moved out into the countryside a bit more with about five acres and some woodland. Closed the business down after coming out of Hospital and sold off most of the gear we had. Truck, trailer, john deere tractor, chipper and some other tools all gone. Now concentrating on becoming more self sufficient, using our land to the best. Kept my chainsaws and still use them from time to time. It is a bit tricky when your sat down.

• Like 18
  • Sad 2

• 1 month later...
On 13/05/2021 at 16:46, Big Ben said:

Looks like I haven't posted on here since 2014! Keep getting emails from topics that I had followed and thought I would just  pop in and say Hi. Quite a bit has happened in the last seven years. Had my Aorta replaced during emergency surgery, eight months in Hospital and left in a wheelchair. Still in it now! But on the plus side they kept me alive for a bit longer, so I can still annoy the Mrs. For some strange and bizarre reason we sold our old Charentaise long house, with a stair lift and downstairs bathroom (ideal for the disabled) and moved out into the countryside a bit more with about five acres and some woodland. Closed the business down after coming out of Hospital and sold off most of the gear we had. Truck, trailer, john deere tractor, chipper and some other tools all gone. Now concentrating on becoming more self sufficient, using our land to the best. Kept my chainsaws and still use them from time to time. It is a bit tricky when your sat down.

Hello Ben, I remember you well.

Sorry your to learn of your troubles but pleased to read optimism in your words.

Regards.  

Stuart

17 hours ago, Ty Korrigan said:

Hello Ben, I remember you well.

Sorry your to learn of your troubles but pleased to read optimism in your words.

Regards.  

Stuart

They did a good job of fixing me up, hats off to the French health care system. Have been reliably informed that had I been in the UK, then it would be very likely I wouldn't have made it. Still life in me yet, can pull myself up onto the tractor and digger, so there's always plenty to do.

Edited by Big Ben
  • Like 5

46 minutes ago, Big Ben said:

They did a good job of fixing me up, hats off to the French health care system. Have been reliably informed that had I been in the UK, then it would be very likely I wouldn't have made it. Still life in me yet, can pull myself up onto the tractor and digger, so there's always plenty to do.

David Cropper is still with us too.

We've given up waiting for him to croak so we can divide his shed contents up between us.

We reckon he met the devil at a crossroads and done a deal...

Stuart

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Tree people

Also a long time lurker here, now finally with something to post.

Our company is me and my best mate, who work as full time EMT's in the Danish ambulance service. We do treework part time, mostly small to medium removals or ground work for local full time arborists.

• Like 5