japanese knotweed removal

d-raittuk

• 4 weeks later...

We bought our current place with it already there and the surveyor didn't pick up on it. Patch is about 20' square. I am hand pulling it once a fortnight - I started last year and will continue this year, hopefully having wiped it out by then. I pull all visible leaves, then let the pulled bits wilt off and dry out until they are crisp (ie very dead) and then don't worry too much about what I do with them - the pulled bits are not re-growing.

What does seem to be helping is that the area contains various fairly dense shrubs. Nothing special, and I will be removing the lot once I have wiped out the knotweed, but it is shading it out successfully.

If only I had as straightforward a solution to horsetail....

Alec

KURTAIL, does pretty well.

Spent five hours yesterday with the horrid stuff on a 70° slope. Have to say, shade didn't seem to be a barrier to its growth.

theres not much that is! apart from maybe bodies of water, but it will still grow at the edge!

Has the OP got any further with the problem?

Torden 22k ... Best out there for JK. Its what network eail use and they have big problems and spend millions on it.. Enviro mix lose licensing for Torden in july ,so get it before then or will be released under a different name next year

I used Roundup 360 unmixed in late summer injected above the first node so the weedkiller goes down to the Rhizome with the nutrients before the plant dies off for the year. Only works in late summer though.

I am listing my JK1000 injecting tool on ebay tonight 99p start 10 day auction. You can see the photos of devastated knotweed.