How olds......too old:)

Silverwood

• 1 month later...

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm nearly 49 and just passed my 38/39.... Absolutely loving it. I'll never be the quickest but I'm getting better and quicker with every climb.

Hope I'm still climbing when I'm 60!!

Aches and pains are a small price to pay... I'm 5'9. And 14 stone so could do with losing a stone perhaps. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

did my climbing tickets last year at 51, i too thought i would be laughed at, but they were all decent lads, i am struggling to get experience as i feel to old to be taken on, but have gone on my own and taking jobs on and enjoying it more and more. go for it and enjoy.

I joined Arbtalk in 2008 and asked exactly the same question. I was 38 and had just been made redundant. Big does and little does! I worked my way through a few companies as a subi and getting my tickets on the way. 6 years later (blimy) I have my own business and do all the hard climbing jobs as my Subi who is 15 years younger than me isn't quite so efficient.

Climbing isn't really that difficult but I do believe you need a natural ability to move around the tree executing the job in a methodical way. I've seen big strong fellas up tree's making it look and feel like hard word. They come down and are absolutely shagged.

So I'd say don't worry about your age and worry about being able to learn fast and have a feel for the job.

Haven't been up a tree this week and I'm starting to get itchy feel.