Thinking of going employed

David_chainsaw

If your location is an issue why dont you move?

I think the job centre might even be able to help with this?

To be honest I dont think you are in a position to start a buisness, I mean you could start to do casual work, but your outgoings are probably too high to put enough money back into your buisness to maintain it.

I know different areas are different, but around here the supermarkets are always looking for people, and pubs are constantly advertising.

So say you worked in a supermarket for a 12 hour shift, you could still do 2-4 hours gardening. That way the supermarket pays your way, and the extra gardening money you can put straight back into your buisness to grow it.

PS, if working 14-16 hours a day doesnt sound like your thing, then self employment probably isnt for you!

Out of interest, do you have sky tv?

Im not scared of work lol when i worked security i use to night and day shift

Sent from my LG-D802 using Arbtalk mobile app

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Iv done some grass cutting and hedge work today so bike and trailor is next on the list and because iv only got a strimmer next bas said as look as i use my own fuel and go half on the service i can use his till i get my own

Sent from my LG-D802 using Arbtalk mobile app

Just so we are clear riding too work is a mindset regardless of distance, I done it for 4 years so I could squirrel away as much money as possible, it was 17.8 miles each way... I also trained and competed in ironman triathlons whilst climbing for my main job, yes it's hard but if you want anything worthwhile in life you have too work for it... So you know David I'm 27 now and have 2 vans a 4x4 trailer chipper, all he climbing and rigging kit as well as saws, mowers etc, and 2 employees and a business partner, hardest thing I have ever done in my life but totally worth it....

Aye there used to be 2 window cleaners round here that had bikes and trailers, think 1 had a modified wheel barrow too. Those big twin wheeled barrows u would be able to carry a mower and tools about ur village.

Would probably be a good advert as locals would see ur keen and give u a bit of work to help u out.

When i was a lad my mother had a trike and me and my bro used to get strapped on the back (on proper wee seats,not just tied down:001_tongue:) she had a wee trailer made for it and a big box for the back for when the kid seasts weren't on.

Was a great thing and surprising wot it would carry. Bloody scary going round corners/hills/bumps etc thou as used to face backwards on the seats.

showing my age when i was knee high my uncle used to take me in a cart made by my grand dad had pram wheels and a mower handle of a old cylinder mower and a wooden box used to take it to the timber yard and collect all the offcuts for the fire. not hard to make a basic trailer from a old pram and a arm coming off attached to back of bike could even adverise on side of it. once seen going around you will be getting calls asking if you can do some work. but as other posts do a good job it brings in more work do a bad one and it will go around. good luck

You are too 'modest' Eggs, pushing that bloody scooter home every time it spits its dummy would be a lot more like hard work:001_tongue:

:lol:

They don't have that tool box built in for nothing Geoff! :biggrin:

The feeling of power in such a machine well out weighs the hours sat at the side of the road trying to get the bloody thing going again. :laugh1:

The feeling of power in such a machine well out weighs the hours sat at the side of the road trying to get the bloody thing going again. :laugh1:

HI EGGS hows the bike going mate self in employed :thumbup1:thanks jon :thumbup:

Anyone else noticed OP is sending his messages from a 400 quid phone? :rolleyes:

That hadnt passed me by....

I wonder if he has sky and a plasma tv, and sofas without rips in?

I'm still working towards those, but I do have a full time job and also run a busy business around the day job so maybe when I'm 24 I will do too!

That hadnt passed me by....

I wonder if he has sky and a plasma tv, and sofas without rips in?

I'm still working towards those, but I do have a full time job and also run a busy business around the day job so maybe when I'm 24 I will do too!

I'm glad you quoted my post, some do-gooder clearly decided it wasn't relevant to this thread (which it bloody well is) and my original post has now disappeared. :thumbdown:

Dave Chainsaw I started off with 3 Bow saws and one rubbish McCulloch 50cc Chainsaw over 20 years ago . Worked my little balls off 7 days if the work was there . Climbed some dangerous tree's ( not advisable ) but hey I was younger . I am not rich , just comfortable . Attack the world matey its all there you just got to find it . Be honest / fair and charge a reasonable rate . Oh and smile be polite and get the banter going . All the best in your quest .

It's a lovely looking beast mate, got a soft spot for these.:thumbup1: