Hired from Orange Plant.

Old Mill Tree Care

Can't fault machines from orange plant, virtually brand new , full working condition but do find them expensive £430 ish for 2 days hire of carlton 5014, then £1.50 per litre to top it back up, and broke a tooth, so there's £12,+ vat, I tend to hire from arbtech (, Oliver's tree services ) as it's cheaper[/QUOT

long way from Langley park to surrey though.. your right though. Any damage or wear on orange plant you get a big bill.. Nearly as bad as beaver plant!!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tree Quip - You only have to ask to be removed from our mailing list and we can do this for you there and then.

Roseyweb - Our prices are inline with all our major competitors and I can 100% assure you that if you say you need a machine at short notice we DO NOT rip you off, as the hire rates for machinery are set out already and are not dependent on when you need the machine.

If anyone feels that they are not getting a good service or they have been hassled with sales calls please PM me on here and I will look into it for you.

We deal with hundreds of customers every week and it is rare there are any problems, so please let me know if there is anything I can be of help with.

Don't worry, I took no notice of those silly posts.

I'll be calling soon.

Sent with my iPhone from me, to you!

Our local depot is very good. They do make charge for general wear but always very helpful if they can be. As for the new tracked Carlton stump grinder I find its top heavy compared to the old one and wants to do somersaults on uneven ground. There aren't that many places where you can hire anyway so best not to upset them lol

I have used Orange plant for 12 years, always been spot on, helpful staff, good service. I get a call maybe twice a year from the sales side asking if I need anything, nothing wrong with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Well yes, I would expect to be charged for damaging hired in machines, unless I took out an insurance policy to cover it.

Sent with my iPhone from me, to you!

Like blades, paying to have them sharpened as you have used machine and now they are dull.. I am sure there are plenty of happy customers out there.. Since timberwolf have revoked there dealership they cant be that happy,and will probably end up back with orange!! not orange plant if you know the business

I find it laughable that people moan about the cost of damage to a hire machine?? If you break you pay, maybe find out how much teeth are before you hire it. Buy a can of red diesel and re fill it yourself. A hire machine still has to be paid for.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk