Stressed out....workload

mad matty

How do you personally cope with high workloads with no margin for taking longer than it should, the phone doesn't stop ringing, and nearly every job you look at they say yes!

.....but!

personal ways of coping much appreciated.

Cheers Matty :thumbup1:

Vodka and Sundays off work.

Sent with my iPhone from me, to you!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Buy a GreenMech Matty! haha

Planning and reviewing how I could of worked more efficient is what helps me. l don't have any free mornings or afternoon's this week because I'm either demonstrating or delivering new equipment, but the phone still rings, paperwork still needs doing and customers want to see products and a sale can easily be lost if money is burning a hole or working to far in advance.

I always go by the motto being busy is a nice problem to have. Id sure be more stressed and worried if I was looking at my diary and there was nothing booked in or planned for the forthcoming weeks.

Start raising your prices - you'll end up earning more by working less.

As a rule of thumb, if more than 75-80% of your quotations are accepted, you are pricing too low.

Others may disagree...

Agree totally!!

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

I,ve been exactly the same, getting stressed out over loaded with work.

Simple answer is put your prices up, you may not be too cheap but the guess is you are cheaper than many others. They maybe after you because of recommendation, in which case they will still be willing to pay a little extra for quality.

I put my prices up by a £100 per day last year and I,m still running round like a headless chicken but I feel better because the reward for the stress is a little better.

7 day weeks for me at the moment and my eyes are feeling dry and scratchy from fatigue.

Typing this ain't helping either!

What annoys me are the NOW! NOW! NOW! ME! ME! ME! clients.

Those who want you to quote within minutes of their call and the work done 'tout de suite'

I'm losing a few due smaller fish to our lead time being 8weeks and so have to let them go or fit them in at the weekends which accounts for my 7 day week routine.

Charging more hasn't put many people off either!

Spent most Sunday afternoon's quoting and can drive up to 400km doing so if the job is a juicy plum.

Lucky my wife is on board and there for me always.

I'd be truly stuffed without her support.

Ty