What air-rifle would you buy for a grand?

John Hancock

I’m thinking of buying an air-rifle again…(I used to have a Logun Professional but had to sell it when the wife discovered it hidden in the garage!)

That was about 4 years ago and I’m a little in the dark about current models etc…(I cant find the Logun Professional for sale anymore, maybe its discontinued??)

So, my budget is a grand – what do you guys recommend?

Cheers, John.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

theoben rapid s-type :drool:

possibly the finest air-rifle i have ever had the pleasure of firing rrp £943 and you can shoot smarties at 50yards no problem :001_tt1:

what you wanting to shoot with it? as thats a lot for an air-rifle

Hi

Have a look at the local HFT and target clubs and go and try an Air Arms S410 with 10 shot magazine, about £550 new plus a good scope £80-150 and a bottle £140 [7lt 300bar] then spare mag £25.00 sling £20.00 10 tins of pellets £60.00, sling pegs £4.00 and if you want one a bipod [harris £75.00]. About a grand all in and will also hit smarties at 50yds.

They say buy a scope and with the change get the gun.

Have a look at guntrader.co.uk and filter out the best names like Theoben, Air Arms, Daystate and Weihrauch

Also see Shop for Airguns, pellets, Camo clothing, Replicas, Archery in Hereford they have most agencies.

logun s16 is a pretty handy tool, lots used in pest control, dont know about the FT use of them, but if they are about £600 which would leave you a couple of hundred for a scope, bipod and pump,

but i love my theobens i currently have an older model break barrel and its just so well made and accurate, you could always try the theoben rapids, which have been around for ages like a rapid mfr which would do both rolls well.

there is a used logun mkII professional with thumb hole stock on gun trader at the moment, with a moderator and AGS scope for £625

Dragon slayer in 50 Caliber!

I hope to get one in time to go home with it and possibly back a Deer or a Pig with it.

225grain projectiles

192 footpounds of energy!

BRAVO!

yes, but no good for bunnies!