new saws coming out

hedgesparrow

h,mmm we shall see >>> i,e will it have a limp mode like the shite cars are fitted with >>>>> i do very much hope they dont use the same technoligy etc as cars are a pain when playing up warning lights on like chrimbo trees eeproms becoming corrupt softwear crashing etc we,r all doooooomed

but youre one of the lucky ones when all else fails you gotta T-REX to fall back on :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see why not, it'll just cost more on electronic parts surely? bet the m-tronic and auto tune systems cost a bit to replace.

Will replacing the electronic parts make it viable to repair the saw or would it be better to chuck it away and get a fresh one?

Will replacing the electronic parts make it viable to repair the saw or would it be better to chuck it away and get a fresh one?

I think electronic parts will be cheap as chips ( pardon the pun ) if and when you need them . Look at all the other electronic stuff nowadays calculators etc ......

but youre one of the lucky ones when all else fails you gotta T-REX to fall back on :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

yes a dinasaw lol

as for the throw it in the bin buy a new one etc them days are already upon us i walked around a scrap yard last week and most cars thesedays look in verygood condition bodwork wise and its not long ago when if you had 70/80.000 miles on a car the bodywork was falling of it lol

Talked to a Husky rep a couple of week ago and he said all mid range top selling saw have to meet emission regs because of how many get sold (eg 100,000s) where as top handle and big saws Husky 3120 & Sthil ms880 don't as not as many sold.

Hi all,

Cant say Im a fan of making simple things complicated, the problem is they want to sell you the latest greatest thing.

Take the HP Laserjet 5 printer for example, its like an 066, they just keep on going Ive seen dozens with over a million pages printed - its fairly easy to strip down & repair - so thats why HP nearly went bust & had to commission a report that told every one Ink jets were cheaper - which of course is utter tosh.

So I prefer less electronics & better reliability. If the electronic unit is a tenner then fine, but generally they whack a vast mark-up on such items which is wrong.

So when I bought a 70cc saw, I went for a 365xt, the lack of auto tune was a deciding factor & it cuts fine for me. Although the 550xp does sound good.

N

I got an MS261 the other day and it ran like a bag of sh-t. I rang Stihl to complain and was told to start it on choke and leave it running on choke for approx 90seconds then turn it off. Apparently this the way to reset the carb. The M-Tronics will run on choke unlike manual adjust saws.

I hope this is useful info to all you budding tinkerers!!

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App