telegraph poles use around natural lake

matt99

do they actually leach into the watercourse i have seen them used for fishing swims inc rail sleepers my thought is any exsess creosote was washed away years ago out in all weather for years etc

i,ve never seen any staining on a footpath from a pole etc either but then again i,am no expert on this sort of thing but have seen them used around fishing ponds as fencing and walkways at to and from swims as a footpath around lakes even seen new tarmac roads layed around lakes roadways etc its also got lots of nastys to flush into the water/lake etc

Was given something like that once, tried it out a couple of times on old 3x3 inch posts, IF you could get it screwed into a good amount of sound wood it worked reasonably well but more often than not it didn't work at all. Even if you did get the post out you usually ended up having to dig down the side of the old hole to get the new post back in and concreted/tamped in properly.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Arbtalk mobile app

do they actually leach into the watercourse i have seen them used for fishing swims inc rail sleepers my thought is any exsess creosote was washed away years ago out in all weather for years etc

i,ve never seen any staining on a footpath from a pole etc either but then again i,am no expert on this sort of thing but have seen them used around fishing ponds as fencing and walkways at to and from swims as a footpath around lakes even seen new tarmac roads layed around lakes roadways etc its also got lots of nastys to flush into the water/lake etc

The lake where I go often uses old railway sleepers. I assume they must have been dealt with to remove anything as they're literally the front of the swim to stop the earth (or now gravel, how great my bank sticks just fly in :001_rolleyes:) falling into the lake.

Just cut the post level to the ground an bang in a metal repair spur and slot in new post.Sometimes you might have to drill out some of the old post to aid the spur.I do a lot of lake fishing and seen sleepers and poles used to make swims.

Edited by 54gka