And again this time all the batteries

scraggs

Stolen from StOsyth Weeley area of Essex

Went out to harvest turf this morning to find some nice persons have decided to help themselves to the batteries on the tractor and turf harvester, cut through the leads, and then bent bits out of the way on the harvester and stolen the front panel (for scrap I assume), and all the tools and bits out of the toolbox on the tractor.

I won't bother phoning the police this time as they are as much use as a chocolate teapot anyway.

Getting really fed up with all this now, if it's not one thing it's another :(

Just give you a "crime number" then they class it as sorted:thumbdown: sounds a bit ott just for a couple of batts, must of been desperate :icon13:

But it's not necessarily for a couple of scrap batteries. A lot of times it's because they need a battery. A decent battery is seventy or eighty quid. Buy one or pinch one (and one for a spare)

I've lost kids car seats, an electric mirror of a sierra, sets of hub caps and numerous other items. I've heard of turf and fence panels going off of sites after being laid and erected, bags of cement, all sorts. None for resale just the thieves own use. Can't imagine them going into a pub and announcing "anyone want 30yds of top quality turf?" can you.

They want it, you've got it, they steal it:sneaky2:

It should still be reported though, as there could be a pattern of thefts occuring within an area with the same mo. If they are caught, then it can be linked back to yiur thefts, and you can then sue for compo

Yeah I agree all thefts should be reported.

Anything happening beyond that is rare!

But yeah some things are returned once in a blue moon.

Just give you a "crime number" then they class it as sorted:thumbdown: sounds a bit ott just for a couple of batts, must of been desperate :icon13:

They give a crime number for the ins companies. That's all. Call them back in a week and see if they can even find the number....

Batteries are a huge issue. Had some stolen from a 360, it was about 300 yards off the road and in a wooded area, had to climb over three fences and very rough ground. Still got stolen.

And these are the huge batteries aswell.

But as always it's not the theft that's the problem, it's the damage they do getting there. Bet that panel costs a fortune aswell.

Just got back from trying to sort stuff out

have removed the cables and will get new ones made up tomorrow, luckily I found the panel thrown in a nearby hedge, hammered other bits back to shape, the problem is once it's done it will happen again.

Didn't realise but they have also emptied both tanks, the good thing is that I am so sick of the tanks being drained I mixed used engine oil 50/50 in with the diesel on the big tractor :)

I did report it in the end.