RIGHT HAD A LONG LOOK:

STHIL:

MS 441 80CC 4.1KW 25BAR 6.6KG £647

MS 660 91CC 5.2KW 25BAR 7.3KG £830

husky:

372xp 80cc 3.9kw 25bar 6.1KG £621

395XP 93CC 5.4 kw 25bar 7.9kg £753

all with spare chains

looking at the 361 and 390 the aint much differance in price to buying the above models i take on what you say about weight but my min keeps comming back to price and furthering my self long term and investing now rarther than having to trade in later etc??

I think your next step should be to find out what deals are available on which saws from your local dealers. You might be offered a deal thats too good to refuse on a saw that you would have otherwise ruled out. So get your shortlist and go shopping.

At the end of the day, stihl or husqvarna are both good saws regardless of personal preference.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think your next step should be to find out what deals are available on which saws from your local dealers. You might be offered a deal thats too good to refuse on a saw that you would have otherwise ruled out. So get your shortlist and go shopping.

At the end of the day, stihl or husqvarna are both good saws regardless of personal preference.

Yep ya right but finding one in warickshire /leics is harder than i thougt?

do you know of a link to be able to find my local dealer?

If you arent in a rush to get a new saw, why not try your colleagues various saws out, see which you prefer, then get along to one of the various shows on during the show, and save a few bob! I picked up a 660 for £650 with a 30" bar from Honeys at one of the shows, see you quote £830 for one here!! And dont forget, there are several dealers online here who may be able to sort out a deal for you too!

Yep ya right but finding one in warickshire /leics is harder than i thougt?

do you know of a link to be able to find my local dealer?

Where abouts exactly are You?

These are all Leicestershire dealers/outlets,

Higgots @ ibstock

Mitchells @ Coalville

The above two only do saws/machinery

DM Chainsaws Loughborough They will supply machinery and all arb related tackle.

Deals can be had at the shows and you can save some money, but I've found its often spending a bit extra on a saw with your local outlet, then you reap the rewardsn when you need a favour or have a breakdown on a saturday lunch time just as they are closing, they are much more keen to help if you buy from them.

Yes any sthil dealer should take a warranty claim but they'll be nicer to deal with if you bought it from them.

Where abouts exactly are You?

These are all Leicestershire dealers/outlets,

Higgots @ ibstock

Mitchells @ Coalville

The above two only do saws/machinery

DM Chainsaws Loughborough They will supply machinery and all arb related tackle.

Deals can be had at the shows and you can save some money, but I've found its often spending a bit extra on a saw with your local outlet, then you reap the rewardsn when you need a favour or have a breakdown on a saturday lunch time just as they are closing, they are much more keen to help if you buy from them.

Yes any sthil dealer should take a warranty claim but they'll be nicer to deal with if you bought it from them.

Very good advice! the purchase price is not every thing and dealers need to make a little more so they can carry the stock of spares,you need them to, I've been going to Dick leigh for 18 years and he has always had the part i needed for my saws in stock.