What's your fuel mixing arrangements?

Woodworks

Maybe I should fill the 5 litre can from the pump instead of decanting from a 25 litre one as I do now. Need to buy some more 5 litre cans thou as we are a few miles from any petrol station and I don't get off the farm much.

Feel a bit of a burk having not got this down to a fine art by now :001_rolleyes:

Current system

Pour oil out into a pre marked old meths bottle.

Measure out 5 litres into a large jug from 25 litre can.

Add small amount of petrol to oil in meths bottle.

Shake to mix.

Pour oil petrol mix into 5 litre can.

Add rest of the petrol.

Not exactly slick :laugh1:

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all.

Lots of people comment about the cost of my product.

But what is the cost of your time?

You guys should add up the time you are spending with different cans, Funnels, Jugs and driving to and from the petrol station.

What is the cost of your time at your normal hourly rate and do you charge the customer for all this time?

We deliver direct to you ready mixed fuel in 5litre cans that can have a none spill spout fitted, so no waste.

If you buy 270 litres or more your dealer will give you discount and delivery is free!

A smaller amount and it's just £20 delivery!

Food for thought?

Eddie

Hi all.

Lots of people comment about the cost of my product.

But what is the cost of your time?

You guys should add up the time you are spending with different cans, Funnels, Jugs and driving to and from the petrol station.

What is the cost of your time at your normal hourly rate and do you charge the customer for all this time?

We deliver direct to you ready mixed fuel in 5litre cans that can have a none spill spout fitted, so no waste.

If you buy 270 litres or more your dealer will give you discount and delivery is free!

A smaller amount and it's just £20 delivery!

Food for thought?

Eddie

That's not a convincing argument

Time wise, I don't make a special journey for saw fuel, I pick some up when I fill my vehicle, it takes less time than waiting for a costa to brew and it adds nothing to the visit because I make the groundie fill the can while I fill the vehicle. That increases his productivity so I save money by filling at the petrol station.

Even if I weren't going to fill the vehicle there are filling stations everywhere it takes no more than a couple of minutes to fill a can and that's just part of your general overheads.

I fill the fuel directly into the can I dispense it from so no need for another can and even if I did need cans and funnels and suchlike they cost pennies and last a lifetime.

Net is no extra time or cost.

Here is some food for thought for you, If I buy Alkylate from you my nearest supplier is at least a 1 hour round trip away so to make the journey anything like economical I have to collect it in large quantities or waste half a day (minimum) waiting for the courier to bring it.

Its not cheap so I have to tie up a chunk of cash to do this, on balance that looks like an expensive way to do it. Either way its an investment in time and money that makes stopping to get a gallon on the way to a job cheap as chips.

That's not a convincing argument

Time wise, I don't make a special journey for saw fuel, I pick some up when I fill my vehicle, it takes less time than waiting for a costa to brew and it adds nothing to the visit because I make the groundie fill the can while I fill the vehicle. That increases his productivity so I save money by filling at the petrol station.

Even if I weren't going to fill the vehicle there are filling stations everywhere it takes no more than a couple of minutes to fill a can and that's just part of your general overheads.

I fill the fuel directly into the can I dispense it from so no need for another can and even if I did need cans and funnels and suchlike they cost pennies and last a lifetime.

Net is no extra time or cost.

Here is some food for thought for you, If I buy Alkylate from you my nearest supplier is at least a 1 hour round trip away so to make the journey anything like economical I have to collect it in large quantities or waste half a day (minimum) waiting for the courier to bring it.

Its not cheap so I have to tie up a chunk of cash to do this, on balance that looks like an expensive way to do it. Either way its an investment in time and money that makes stopping to get a gallon on the way to a job cheap as chips.

Thank you for your post,

As you will see we have expanded our stocking dealers from 150 to 211 over the last 12 months and this continues to grow every month.

We are working hard to make Aspen more available to those that would like to use it.

I will see If we could give a time when the delivery would come to help those having Aspen delivered direct.

I was including the time mixing the 2-stroke oil and measuring it out.

We would like everyone to consider all the factors before writing Aspen off.

It is up to you what fuel you use.

Wood works, put the 2 stroke straight into jerry can, exactly put 20l into jerry can with petrol, you will need to tip can back to get that in.

When you pour into your small can, get the can on its side, and take it easy.

Thanks Steven :001_smile:

Sounds like good plan if I used large amounts of mixed fuel but I buy in 25 litre because most of it goes in the processor neat. Only ever mix 5 litres at a time to avoid stale fuel. I have just ordered a nice funnel which has a breather to help avoid blowback when decanting out of the large can. Your right thou I just need to take my time and not be in a rush.

The big advantage of the Accumix is that you never need know an exact amount of petrol or oil so you use petrol out of a jerry can and oil out of the bottle.

It matches the correct amount of both for the ratio you want within the bottle itself so it's quick accurate and fool proof.

It's still made, surprised that someone hasn't taken it on and brought it over here again.

Thank you for your post,

As you will see we have expanded our stocking dealers from 150 to 211 over the last 12 months and this continues to grow every month.

We are working hard to make Aspen more available to those that would like to use it.

I will see If we could give a time when the delivery would come to help those having Aspen delivered direct.

I was including the time mixing the 2-stroke oil and measuring it out.

We would like everyone to consider all the factors before writing Aspen off.

It is up to you what fuel you use.

Must admit Aspen is all I use and I find it soooo much less hassle BUT I am not a massive user. Probably get through 50l a winter, so WHEN is it going to be available in 20/25 l containers, and what do I do with all my empty 5l ones?

Must admit Aspen is all I use and I find it soooo much less hassle BUT I am not a massive user. Probably get through 50l a winter, so WHEN is it going to be available in 20/25 l containers, and what do I do with all my empty 5l ones?

Hi Corylus,

The 5 litre can's can go in house hold recycling when they are empty as the are made form the same plastic as milk bottles.

Aspen is available in Europe in 20 litre plastic containers but the cost to you would be the same as buying the 5 litre cans.

Also I don't think you can have 20 litres of flammable liquid in a plastic container here in the UK.

All the best

Eddie