Fitting a rotator grab

Rich2484

Ok, so I have to fit a rotator timber grab to a kabota 360 this week.

The yawl ram isn't needed to going to fit some quick couplings to the ram so the pipes from that can be for the grab and the pecker circuit for the rotator.

Never retro fitted one before as normally there is enough service pipes on them to fit the rotator.

Should be an interesting fit.

Anyone else fitted in this way before? Have you come up with any problems so far??

Oh and welding a bracket on the arm to hole the ram up out the way as the hitch pin couplings will be in the way of the roatator.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think for memory, some Volvo? machines have quick release couplings on the crowd ram as you purpose to do.

Does the machine have a quick hitch? if so could you not make a bracket for the hitch to pick up and have the rotator hanging off the bracket. Then fully extend the ram before undoing the quick release couplings, save having to make brackets to support the ram.

I would put the rotate circuit on the bucket ram circuit, and the grab open/close on the breaker lines, a bit more control when turning a length of timber with the joy stick than your foot.

I think for memory, some Volvo? machines have quick release couplings on the crowd ram as you purpose to do.

Does the machine have a quick hitch? if so could you not make a bracket for the hitch to pick up and have the rotator hanging off the bracket. Then fully extend the ram before undoing the quick release couplings, save having to make brackets to support the ram.

I would put the rotate circuit on the bucket ram circuit, and the grab open/close on the breaker lines, a bit more control when turning a length of timber with the joy stick than your foot.

Thanks. Will do the pipes the other way round.

It did have a quick hitch but was taken off ages ago for a grab attachment that worked from the bucket ram. And just didn't get out back on. So it's now staying off for the rotator. To be honest it's easier on the machine to just change buckets with the pins. It's only a 3t machine.

Put a "T" piece in the rams pipes and quick fit couplings on each, then fit an on/off tap on one of the ram pipes between the T and the ram, when you want to use your grab simply plug in the couplings and turn the tap off, this will stop any oil entering or leaving the ram so it will stay in the position as when the tap was turned.

Works well

Fitted the botex grab today.

Having hyd pipes made up is damn expensive.

Had a few issues with where to run the pipes so they are out the way.

Fitted to the ram and picker.

Works really well. Just didn't relies how much the swing around. Will take a bit of getting used to.

What? I have one on my 3/4 tonne machine and would not be without. Speeds things up, no grease on myhands, and saves trying to line up the bucket

Doesn't really take much out the day tho does it???

Plus it means I can get off the seat and stretch my legs.