Been down in the dumps but nice day today....

SteveA

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Letting the weather affect you is mostly state of mind, I often see it raining when I wake up and I tend to think along the lines of it can't be done today,so I waste a day in the house doing unproductive things. However I find when I just crack on with it whatever the weather- yes I might not get as much done as a dry day but I come home with that feel good feeling that at least I did something productive with my day.

However today for true blessing- almost sun all day!

i often think it works the opposite in that you tend to work faster cos you dont want to stop and sit around a get cold so just crack on !! get the job done and go home , ive always surprised my self now when it rains how quick you can actually get things done :thumbup1: (and the customers think your a hero from working in the cold and wet lol and you dont feel so guilty about leaving early )

I'm a believer of SAD (seasonal affective disorder) and yeah the past few weeks I've felt crap and very grumpy cos I can't get on.

the dull, wet, miserable weather dose affect us all in some way or another whether we realise it or not.

Ian

HI STEVE YOUR RIGHT mate weather can get you down mate it been raining for week next hope it will be good:thumbup1: thanks jon :thumbup:

After speaking earlier on the phone you sounded like things were getting you down mate.

Remember! things ain't half as bad as you think they are.:thumbup1:

I missed just one day this week because of the rain and I was going mad walking the floors.I don't care about working in the snow/rain or cold I just work that bit harder.

I did 8 years agri fencing before becoming Arb, and yes knuckling down in all weathers on that job is fine, felling also.. But you can not climb and prune trees when it's piss wet through. Not efficiently and safely anyway.

:-)

When im facing a bad weather day ,I try to do at least one little job that ive been saving or putting off. That usually brings me back out from misery.

CLEAN WORKSHOP

PAINT SOMETHING UP

SERVICE SOMETHING

GO AND BUY A BIT OF KIT

MAKE A MONEY SAVING PHONECALL[i rang BT while rained off and saved £100 off my annual bill]

Today was the first day, for some time where it's been a lovely sunny day without rain and/ or too much strong wind.

Was only when i got home that i reflected on how miserable i've been feeling, what with being indoors so much and not being able to get on with loads of jobs that need doing.

Just wondering if anyone else has been feeling a bit down-in-the-dumps with the weather? cheers, steve

Think of all the farmers, ruined crops, dead animals, all the homes without power, all the damage. They have a right to feel miserable, not us because we are stuck inside.

All this wind and rain really makes me appreciate those long glorious summer days ahead.

We are doing very well at the moment but the kit stinks to high heaven, the chippers off the road, the grinder needs bearings too and my body is aching from the cold and wet and I'm fed up of telling clients (who are not always understanding) that I'm having to move them to make room for emergency work:thumbdown:

Still, looking on the bright side, we are booked up months ahead and look to be breaking 120k in this our second year as a company.

The present may be grey but the future IS bright:thumbup1:

Ty