Question time!

Mull

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not many " big wigs" on it tonight btw, but one panel member, when asked if Scotland could keep the "pound" (and this politician was preaching "better together") said " why should they keep the ENGLISH POUND".

Is that a sensible thing to say?

IMO I think not!

I would imagine the pro independence crowd must be over the moon this morning if the better together campaign are coming out with quotes like that.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Arbtalk mobile app

If the Scots go for independence then the statement would be factually correct.

The Jocks are living in cloud cuckoo land if they think they can go for independence AND still be involved in the decision making processes of the Bank of ENGLAND when making economic policy.

Salmond has been ducking this issue throughout the campaign and I can't make up my mind whether he is being disingenuous or is just stupid. He is trying to make out it is a simple problem to resolve but it isn't.

Bang on trend! :thumbup::thumbup::thumb up:

(I will get in touch about that other matter shortly, just waiting on a reply from HMRC :thumbup1:)

When it comes down to it the vote will be 'NO' as will be borne out on the 18th September....

I think you are probably right.

The youngsters seem to be pro Indy, the oldies are harder to judge.

What appears to be "fact" one day, is blown out the water the next.

You read something or are told something, if you choose to believe it does that make it fact?

Who knows!

Who cares!

I get to vote on the matter and I am voting yes. Even if they say that it will open the gates of hell and we are all damned. I will still vote yes. Don't have any grudge or problem with any chaps north or south of the border. I have been given the opportunity to vote on the matter. I am voting with my heart.

If Scotland get the yes vote, The Catalan's will follow and there will be many more Independent states throughout Europe. the more local you are to your government I feel the better. Patrick Harvie of the Green party in Scotland makes alot of good points on the currency situation IMO.

I get to vote on the matter and I am voting yes. Even if they say that it will open the gates of hell and we are all damned. I will still vote yes. Don't have any grudge or problem with any chaps north or south of the border. I have been given the opportunity to vote on the matter. I am voting with my heart.

If Scotland get the yes vote, The Catalan's will follow and there will be many more Independent states throughout Europe. the more local you are to your government I feel the better. Patrick Harvie of the Green party in Scotland makes alot of good points on the currency situation IMO.

What age are you mate, just out of interest?

My mortgage is in pounds. You can bet the bank will want paying in pounds not some new unproven currency.

Salmond banging on about how no currency union would be a hundreds of millions of pounds tax on English companies exporting to Scotland. That statement shows he's unable to think logically and will say anything to support his floundering snp position. English companies won't pay for currency exchanges....Scots and Scottish businesses will. We're the ones that will see the price rises.

I fear for home, my pension and my sanity as this drags on and on.

Dave