my 201t utter

Tom D

This was supposed to be a race between my 201t and a 200t, the 200isn't our fastest one and it wasn't particularly sharp either. The 201 was warm, I had already done some cutting with it, it dies under load as it did in the vid, it had stalled while I was cutting with the 200..

It came back from the dealer recently having been sent back for being gutless, now it is even worse. when it came back from the dealer it was just the same as it was when I sent it. ( I am not having a go at the dealer, presumably it has had all the treatment that stihl recommend)

I am totally pissed off that I have spent a load of money on a total dog which will now have to go back to the dealer again, hopefully for a new carb..

Thats a safety feature - nobody would want you cutting yourself!

I have had experience of the two saws and the ony thing that brought the MS201 to life was drilling the exhaust - after this was done, you could actually start leaning on the saw rather than waiting for the chain to start spinning.

One I had in did have a semi seized piston so your dealer should check for similar - even drilling the exhaust on this one didn't get it fully better even though compression was reasonably good.

The saws are not great IMO - I have picked up loads of work on MS200Ts - I am doing a couple for one guy that purchased two off ebay just because he refused to buy a MS201 - the first one is done - along with some tuning and its compression is right back to 180psi and the pickup is bang on decent:thumbup:

The chain on the 201 is far too tight to let it work, you have an issue there for sure, But the motor does sound off.

These saws can & do run ok, they are tied down by the emission laws from the factory, no big deal to sort them out.

That saw has such a tight chain, ( or a serious hot bar from oiling failure), that it can't get it's knickers down to

Edited by Stephen Blair

The port and piston went on my 200T a few weeks ago, dropped it straight into my shop to have a rebuild, didn't even try to get me to buy the new saw.

Contact Stihl direct if you can, had major issues with my new 880, oil pump failed straight out of the box, took ages to get sorted, then it was fine, but bar and chain was knackered, got onto stihl who took it in again and sorted. Its still a heap, but a useable heap. Might have to send it to Spud.

Good luck with it mate

The port and piston went on my 200T a few weeks ago' date=' dropped it straight into my shop to have a rebuild, didn't even try to get me to buy the new saw.

Contact Stihl direct if you can, had major issues with my new 880, oil pump failed straight out of the box, took ages to get sorted, then it was fine, but bar and chain was knackered, got onto stihl who took it in again and sorted. Its still a heap, but a useable heap. Might have to send it to Spud.

Good luck with it mate[/quote']

Get a 3120, ( head ducked here now), cracking saw with the thumb switch to double the bar oiling when you need it.

My one is due a Spud port now she is well bedded in.:biggrin: