mini skid steers

Breezeblock

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Notwithstanding the vid was for "demo" purposes, and I love toys as much as the next, it seemed painfully slow! I didn't even have the patience to watch the video let alone work at that pace. Surely it's too small to offer any sensible alternative to man-grunt???

so how could you gather your opinion if you didn't watch the video . it does go faster but i was in no hurry and there were quite a few obstacles around i would like to see a man that can carry what this will move in a day. work smarter not harder

so how could you gather your opinion if you didn't watch the video . it does go faster but i was in no hurry and there were quite a few obstacles around i would like to see a man that can carry what this will move in a day. work smarter not harder

I didn't watch it ALL, had to FF because I couldn't watch (or work) at such a slow pace.

I wasn't meaning to criticise fella, I was just thinking (and saying) from what I saw, it looked like it would have been quicker to cut smaller, and either drag or load on a trolley.

It's only "smarter" if it's as quick or quicker and as cost effective as A N other method. There's always a balance made between man & machine.

Cool. Does that setup work well for your type of jobs?

I've always fancied a micro, but a 1.5t will usually suffice for me.

Yeah its great, half way between a micro & mini digger at 1200kg. The reach & lifting capacity is good. It will go down to 750mm - 990mm, under arches & inside buildings with the roll bar off or down. 2 speed tracking & servo controls so just like the bigger machines

I bought a Kanga 620d (from ebay) about 4 years ago, we mainly use it for the Auger (fencing) but it has been priceless. lifts quite a lot great for loading trucks/ bonfires etc. To be honest the purchased changed our business, mainly by changing our attitude. If you invest you feel it has to work for you. Secondly we work now on the basis that new equipment and investments only "cost" the difference between what you can buy it for and what you could sell it for less what its made you eg. we just bought a mini digger for £5500, I would expect it to still be worth the same, but its probably made us £500 profit. Most of these things are like hens teeth so if it didn't work for you youd seel it easily.

• 5 months later...