mini skid steers

Breezeblock

That seems a bit pointless, to be honest. It's a crowded market.

"All of the schaffer articulated loaders oscillate as well.Most mainstream loader manufactuer's have the driver sitting on the back part only avant/multione seem to have kept the front seat"

Yep. Though not so much 'kept', they're much more recent designs. I've driven a couple of Weidemanns, a similar Giant from Holland and a rigid 4WS Kramer, and I prefer the Avant/CSF setup with the driver and loader aligned. I wouldn't buy another machine with no oscillation though. May as well get a micro skidsteer.

Edited by RichardT

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

each to his own i suppose.i nearly did buy an avant but at the dealer got too greedy.Schaffer came up with a great package deal nearly 15000 less than avant.ive had this loader over 6 years now and it is still going great.its had a few minor glitches on the way but the back up from the oz dealer has been fantastic.

Proberly could say that it is the best machine i have ever bought

if i bought another one i would get the 2033 model as its shaft drive and apparently has alot more pushing power

the biggest problem i can see with front seated machines is that when you do a sharp turn the turning circle is much more than a rear seat loader which just follows the front round and you dont have to worry about hitting something with the back of the seat mount

not an issue in an open field i know, but one in a tight spot

• 4 weeks later...
I recently got a Sherpa 100 mini loader, it's completely changed moving timber it's actually fun!! I can load it into a transit tipper on ramps so I can tow a chipper or stump grinder on a trailer. It is a skid steer so I just drive it carefully on formal lawns but with floatation tyres it's not a problem. I wouldn't be with out one now.

how is your sherpa working out and where did you buy from

Not so Mini but we had this out last week and it did such a lot if work.

[ATTACH]155789[/ATTACH]

Sent with my iPhone from me, to you!

IMO a decent telehandler is the most versatile tool for tree work, a man cage and decent operator can be much faster than a cherry picker, only downside is they ain't the tidiest machines for pristine lawns!

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

yep, the avant is a good tool.

especially as its only a ton.

I have only had mine a short while. I will have to change the way i price jobs when using it, i normally just go on a day rate, but will have to work out a rate for this. i have just been adding on the cost of an extra man.

It is a weird machine to get used to drive especially if your used to driving compact tractors or the like.

P1080748.jpg.2d191d63493301c7bf57f6360fdd4108.jpg

P1080746.jpg.b2f2eb6b8f2fa9572b289f32922835ad.jpg

P1080952.jpg.12f14d34aeb36c9334f07ce9ca1e9df4.jpg

P1080950.jpg.63f7b959bd700d43fb22e578960427a0.jpg

Not so Mini but we had this out last week and it did such a lot if work.

[ATTACH]155789[/ATTACH]

Sent with my iPhone from me, to you!

This is the sort of machine we will end up with looks like a 526. They do a machine about half the size which still picks up 2.7 tonnes.

80% of the time the avant size machine would be perfect for us but the other 20% we need to pick up 2000kg + so I either compromise and get a bigger machine or buy two machines.

I like the jcb 527- 50