The Mower Bench

GardenKit

They even want their cylinder mowers back now so I have had to crack on with them. I tend to save them up for a week or so at this time of year as its more efficient to do several at once by the time I have found the paint and cleared a path to the grinder.

Not my favourite job as I find it hard to make money on them. I charge £95 for a cassette type full service but have just been told that another local dealer, much larger than me, is quoting £160 for the same job. I shall have to check this out, its quite easy to get out of touch with competitors pricing.

P1010001.jpg.631ecec33b089a8519eb65ec51a1906b.jpg

P1010002.jpg.5e5b29d5315dce4f81370b086635b7d8.jpg

We charge about 100 ish for 14in cylinder mower,People up here wont pay any more,Looks like youve got your work cut out there!!,Ive just been pricing a new grinder up,its going to have to do some work to justyfy the price,i know we can be a bit tight up north but it made me splutter!

Dropped a Izy off yesterday and started it in front of customer all was well and i left. A couple of hours later i get a call saying it wont start, so i've just been this morning and i started it first pull. I asked the owner to start it and he couldn't and at 88 years of age i would be surprised if he could. The problem is that he still thinks its a problem with the mower even though i can start it first pull everytime.

We charge about 100 ish for 14in cylinder mower,People up here wont pay any more,Looks like youve got your work cut out there!!,Ive just been pricing a new grinder up,its going to have to do some work to justyfy the price,i know we can be a bit tight up north but it made me splutter!

I use an ancient Atterton&Ellis, cost me £70 10 years ago!

Dropped a Izy off yesterday and started it in front of customer all was well and i left. A couple of hours later i get a call saying it wont start, so i've just been this morning and i started it first pull. I asked the owner to start it and he couldn't and at 88 years of age i would be surprised if he could. The problem is that he still thinks its a problem with the mower even though i can start it first pull everytime.

I get a lot of this Ray, its quite difficult to be diplomatic and not offend them too much.

They always want to blame the mower or the repairer and not accept that they themselves are falling apart!

Sell him an electric start?

Can you retrofit electric starters onto Izy's?

Sell him an electric start?

As i dont sell mowers i never suggested it, to be honest, given the size of his garden and his age he would be financially better off paying the local gardener every time it needed cutting rather than investing in an electric start mower. If you get my meaning.