The Mower Bench

GardenKit

We run a Yanmar deisel BCS 740 WS flail with the standard reversible Y hammers. They have done a summer and are beaten to pieces despite not being abused in any way. Both the working edge and back edge have dinks taken out of them (more so on the back) from where the hammers have hit heavier debris and bent back and connected with the blade behind. The question i am asking is

Can you get paddle style hammers (like on trimax flails) to fit the BCS and can you run both Y and paddle hammers on the same drum? As we want the flail to be both used for rights of way work and finer cutting.

Balancing the shaft might be a issue running different blades together .

Ste

I did wonder that. We did think about running the hammers so they are on opposite sides to eachother. So the paddles would be on the "North and South" and the Y hammers on "East and West" eyes. All paddles would put extra strain on the clutch due to the weight, and the Y hammers dont leave as fine a cut. We did look at the T hammers but due to the rights of way work it would beat the seven bells out of them before the week is done.

That's the second batch we've had in and done 29 total for the same customer.

It is repetitive but it's chargeable labour :001_smile: We will strip them in sets so for example the larger set (Jacobsen fairway) is a set of 5 so we will strip them, get into the grinders, then rebuild one at a time as they finish in the grinder.

Between me and the old man we have a pretty good system going.

Are you grinding them out of situ then ?

We do in situ grinding ! And on site grinding !

Current record is one man on site 14 units including all new blades & 5 relief grinds in one day!

Are you grinding them out of situ then ?

We do in situ grinding ! And on site grinding !

Current record is one man on site 14 units including all new blades & 5 relief grinds in one day!

No all of these in situ. Although can do either.

With strip I meant, roller bearing replacements on some, some required cylinder bearings, bottom blocks off, new blades, light skim for trueness and re assemble.

Its not all plain sailing being a dealer.

This box arrived by carrier today, taped up with the carriers own security tape. The large 100cm mower deck has obviously fallen out of the damaged box at some time in the delivery process. Been shoved back in but all the loose, items such as fitting kit, side arms, instruction book etc are missing.

It will all get replaced by the sender, but what a waste of time, just because they cannot be bothered to handle it correctly.

P1010618.JPG.21608c7af937028483f4424a49015224.JPG

This box arrived by carrier today, taped up with the carriers own security tape. The large 100cm mower deck has obviously fallen out of the damaged box at some time in the delivery process. Been shoved back in but all the loose, items such as fitting kit, side arms, instruction book etc are missing.

It will all get replaced by the sender, but what a waste of time, just because they cannot be bothered to handle it correctly.

[ATTACH]177290[/ATTACH]

Bet the carrier said it was incorrectly packaged/boxed!!

Animals in a van!

[ATTACH]177290[/ATTACH]

I really think there should be a big consumer push on 'mystery shopping' -i.e sending s standard fragile item through several courier companies to see what arrives. Couriering is medieval compared to 21st century online shopping. The safest handler would get my business for sure.Ir's something I now ask when I buy.

We have a lot of couriers deliver my sons stock if it comes and it's damaged it goes back. No ifs no buts .

This was happening all the time with yodel and the drivers a lunatic nearly killed me the other week overtaking on blind bend. Guess who turned up with a parcel yesterday damaged.

After taking a Very very close look at the damage to my truck he decided it would be in his best interest to sort it.

We found parcel force are the best