Everyday sexism?

Marko

Does the ad make me want to buy a bar? Not at all. Does it offend me due to content? Not particularly. Does it p me off that the ad designer thinks it would make me rush out to buy? Well yeah it does a little.

Think these adverts have as much negative persuasion as positive!.... Not overly concerned one way or another, though I certainly respect others thoughts.

A bit like life in general, there will be aspects we all don't like.... I tend to keep myself away from the elements that bother me. Not certain that trying to change others is feasible or even right.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's only a bloody cartoon! First Rich2484 gets all excited then Mary Whitehouse wants it banned.......:laugh1:

I just like the advert. Can't see what the fuss is about. I nice body is nothing sexual at all, it's just a nice body. And I do believe in my experience a man with a six pack and all is found to be nice to look at by women,.... And I should know, there are 5 women in my house....

:lol::lol::lol:

Seconded. Man up, OP. :laugh1:

Any chance of getting the image laser etched on the bars, Rob? Could be a good seller!

Now that would up the sales by over %100...:lol::lol:

:001_tt2:I like it

Nice avatar!.

Don't you feel insulted as men that an ad agency thinks you're so stupid and narrowly focused that you'll buy anything as long as its advertised with a massive pair of t

No, I like t

H-A

Edited by Stephen Blair

It's a wee change having that banner on here. Caught my eye so advert worked. Far far worse stuff that ad men (and women) use to sell stuff.

Here's an alternative for anyone upset. I even censored the hairy nips in case offence was caused.

I prefer the original though.

Gnomesugi.jpg.fb9e8da808e8ad40bb1d791876e2e058.jpg

It's a wee change having that banner on here. Caught my eye so advert worked. Far far worse stuff that ad men (and women) use to sell stuff.

Here's an alternative for anyone upset. I even censored the hairy nips in case offence was caused.

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

As a cartoon character myself, I find that pic to be blatantly exploitative. :lol:

Doesn't make me want buy one either:001_tt2:

As far as advertising goes.... the advert is working very well. Everyone is talking about it and the word "Sugihara" is being implanted deep into your mind.

When you go to bed "Sugi hara" will be there, somewhere in your mind.

...and in the morning when you make your "Yorkshire Tea" or "Nescafe" coffee you'll sit down to eat your "Ready Brek" or "Kellogs" cornflakes and after a few spoons you'll be thinking of "Sugi Hara" again.

Every little Sugi Hara star helps.

As far as advertising goes.... the advert is working very well. Everyone is talking about it and the word "Sugihara" is being implanted deep into your mind.

When you go to bed "Sugi hara" will be there, somewhere in your mind.

...and in the morning when you make your "Yorkshire Tea" or "Nescafe" coffee you'll sit down to eat your "Ready Brek" or "Kellogs" cornflakes and after a few spoons you'll be thinking of "Sugi Hara" again.

Every little Sugi Hara star helps.

You won't get any goodies of them for the advertising so all the other products you know.....:lol::laugh1: