Change in online policy at Stihl?

ThrustSSC

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive got this image of a large field - with stihl wielding arb types at one end and Husky wielding at the other - running at each other in to battle bit like Braveheart on two stroke:lol:

Hi,

I had a similar vision...

But yet another post that makes me laugh, sometimes its Jon & large amounts of cizzer & yesterday it was Felix advising to take a large bite of a truffle to check its not a dog turd!

As for Vikings, theres one sat not too far away from me, quite content as her vin rouge just got topped up

class

N

Edited by NFG

Yup a dubious act by a major company

I, like so many others spent 000's on stihl products before the ban...

I've not spent a single pound on stihl since...traded the two stihl chainsaws I had for husky equivalents...(although I 'stihl' have a host of combi kit and blowers)

After all nobody likes a gun to their head.

My local dealer is a rogue and is always shut at the most inconvenient times and adds about 500!quid onto the Rrp of a 660...nah..be a cold day in the warm place before he gets my cash.

I mainly use Jonsie and LS for parts...

Stihl will have lost millions through their frankly silly policy...helped NO one in the process and left them selves looking very stupid...

Most of the dealers they where trying to help where just bad at business. Good company's ..small or large can/could make selling online work fine.. Most are just lazy and don't bother...

Thanks for the updates though :)

Even though I believe it was one of the most crass decisions a major corporate has made in recent times I have some sympathy with someone dictating how anyone should run their business.

It will be all telling how they face the market after the ruling...

1) Will it be a bold "we got it wrong" statement and then get on with life or

2) That akin to a sulky kid being made to apologise through gritted teeth and then being as difficult as possible.

It is an opportunity for Stihl to salvage some respect from the many who they disenfranchised. As with the original decision, it is their choice.

I personally think it is a bit early to assume everything will immediately return to sweetness and light. We will see.

Even though I believe it was one of the most crass decisions a major corporate has made in recent times I have some sympathy with someone dictating how anyone should run their business.

It will be all telling how they face the market after the ruling...

1) Will it be a bold "we got it wrong" statement and then get on with life or

2) That akin to a sulky kid being made to apologise through gritted teeth and then being as difficult as possible.

It is an opportunity for Stihl to salvage some respect from the many who they disenfranchised. As with the original decision, it is their choice.

I personally think it is a bit early to assume everything will immediately return to sweetness and light. We will see.

I was working at Stihl HQ last weekend, I don't think they even know what the fuss is about, sales are high and dealers are buying lots of stock now before the 3% price increase.