The Tree Guild

David Humphries

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good point well made. But you have to agree there are to many celebrity arborists these days who are only interested in getting their face known and do nothing for the industry. I also get the feeling some so called professional arborists are dictating to the industry for there own fianancial benefit.

Am I wrong?

in one way no in another way yes...................................

to me the interesting thing is wether or not the 'celebriaty arborist' is a.. a member of any organisasion b... doing the industry a favour by becomming a celebriaty ie making it better known.

in a way it reminds me of when ocallerhan assosiates were first rising to the fore, they had 10 years of real celebriaty status, making tree officers arround the country hate them for there tactics but ultimatley for all there attrakted dilike they did the industry a good turn. they made LA officers pic up their game and forced them in to corners where they then had to addreesss there short commings...

so now about 15-20 years on there are many other companies doing good work they whent to oca and now landscape partnership and we weight for the next oca to give us a shake

another thought has just struck me is fame sort or found when you have a good idear to share...... discusss

cheers all

arbocop

ps hi to all those who did not come over at capel and say hello

and also what else do you mean by your last sentence...........

as for any body talking to another body that can only surly be a good thing through what vever portal...

well i wish i had read this before capel ! sounds interesting is this what pete and iain where discussing last year? how do i sighn up!

Hello Matt

Yes it is

This has been in development for quite sometime now, & we are getting much closer to releasing the Guild out to a wider audience,

However we are aware that you cant please all of the people all of the time & this venture is likely to attract attention some positive & some not so helpful. that is why we are in a consultation phase at the moment. Our Criteria has been offered for comment to some of those organizations that may wish to cast their discerning eye over it.

As David previously stated this is about rounding a corner to, join up as far as possible elements of our industry that so far have been left marginalized. We want some bridges over the gaps.

We all have our points of view, Most Arborists have strongly held views on our industry, where things may have gone astray.

We simply hope to assist in promoting those who actually Care about the treework services that they provide & the staff you get them their.

We wish to establish a benchmark via a criteria based voluntary scheme that can be worked work to or toward, therefore giving due recognition to commitment to those services offered & duly delivered in a professional manner. whilst meeting statutory obligations & guild criteria.

We are happy to recieve expressions of interest Here

Edited by Yorkshireman

Can i ask one question ! !

If your an ISA Cert Arb, Professional Member of the AA, AA Approved Contractor, CHAS accredited contractor.

Why would you pay for another Approval/Accredited !!!! Its starting to cost and lot of money!!! :sneaky2:

When Mickey and his un-insured friends can do the job for half my price!!! :sneaky2:(Sorry to any Mickey's on here just using the name as an example):001_smile:

I am in just as much disbelief with in the industry as the rest of you!!! :mad1:

But would it be better to improve the established ISA and AA in the UK market?:

Can i ask one question ! !

If your an ISA Cert Arb, Professional Member of the AA, AA Approved Contractor, CHAS accredited contractor.

Why would you pay for another Approval/Accredited !!!! Its starting to cost and lot of money!!! :sneaky2:

When Mickey and his un-insured friends can do the job for half my price!!! :sneaky2:(Sorry to any Mickey's on here just using the name as an example)

I am in just as much disbelief with in the industry as the rest of you!!! :mad1:

But would it be better to improve the established ISA and AA in the UK market?:

The schemes you mention have both failed, IMO, as take up has been so small as to render them impractical, IE, if you wanted 3 quote from AAAC in my area you could not get them.

After many years of people asking them for change they have failed to move, so many have built up resentment and distrust of them.

Hopefully this new body will talk to real cutters at the coal face not accountant types who's chosen business just happens to be tree work.

And the assessments will be of Arb practice, not business practice.

Just my thoughts :001_smile: