Replanting after tpo'd tree removal

SiW

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And as a arborist when you apply for a removal of a TPO tree/s if you the boss/ M.D of the tree firm your liable for the replanting of a new unit after removal

It's a good job I didn't apply then, the consultant informed the tree officer the trees were going to be removed so no one applied other than that the home owner sought confirmation that he could have the work done

I don't think the TPO was " contravened " . It was lifted to allow the 5 day notice .

I was alluding to the owners responsibility to replant, tpos being a charge on the land, not the agents. I can't imagine being chased to replant for every application, 211 notification or 5 day notice I do. Tarzan seems to think that it's the arbs duty to replant if they'd done the paperwork:001_rolleyes:

I was alluding to the owners responsibility to replant, tpos being a charge on the land, not the agents. I can't imagine being chased to replant for every application, 211 notification or 5 day notice I do. Tarzan seems to think that it's the arbs duty to replant if they'd done the paperwork:001_rolleyes:

Understood . We replant if the customer asks us to as part of the job , otherwise its up to them .

No doubt someone will correct me if I am wrong.The purpose of the 5 day notice is to allow the LA to inspect and verify the matter.Did that happen? Why were the trees condemned. Dying now needs an application. Immediately unsafe trees are rare from a casual inspection from next door. Are there records of this advice? If it is unsafe in 5 days it is unsafe right then.In this situation get onto touch with the LA immediately, take photos ,keep evidence, logs etc

It may well be that the Tpo charge on the property will not be removed as it was transferred to the new tree (planted or not, or re planted and died) therefore a tpo will show up at property conveyance. At the least the confusion will slow up a sale till it is sorted out.

Replant. Specie selection is now much more considered i.e not forest type trees in small gardens and the precise location can be negotiated,

Yes I was trying to make that point; if the sapling replacement dies, the owner thinks they have done their bit and often forget to plant another replacement, but the tpo remains until it is properly revoked. Revocation is unlikely if the LA have requested a replacement.

My LA is......

A replacement tree of a species to be agreed by the Local Planning Authority shall be planted in (.....location....) during the next available planting season (November to March) following felling and shall be properly staked and watered during periods of drought for a period of five years. In the event that the tree becomes diseased or dies another similar sized tree shall be planted in its place.

Reason:

To ensure that the visual amenities of the area are protected.

To be honest it's not my job to replant I was paid to remove a dangerous tree, my involvement ended when he settled his bill. what the client does now is up to him

This is probable one of the most disappointing parts of this post.

when you read through arb talk its full of things about the remoal of 'big trees' 'the big climb' the big fell, but when I look for , a great planting scheme, a real treat of raer tree planting etc, I find almost 0.

For an industry that goes to great pains to shout its green credentials, It is, IMHO very disappointing that the same peole willing to fight tooth and nail to get the fell, do not put as much effort in to getting the replant, even when its a legal obligation.

A moral question........