Forst

TTMC

Well machine broke down on Thursday, main pulley came lose and smashed the anti stress sensor.

Rung forst, who got garry there engineer to call me and sort it. He left at 3 in the morning to get to me for 7 had it sorted for 8 and then talked me through various maintenance things on my tracked jensen.

Great chipper and fantastic customer service guys. Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well machine broke down on Thursday, main pulley came lose and smashed the anti stress sensor.

Rung forst, who got garry there engineer to call me and sort it. He left at 3 in the morning to get to me for 7 had it sorted for 8 and then talked me through various maintenance things on my tracked jensen.

If you don't mind me asking for a bit of feedback...appreciate you've had an issue and it's good the dealer sorted you out super quick but wouldn't you prefer local dealer support say around your local working area than having the supplying dealer 5 hours away? For example if you were half way through a job and had a breakdown the quickest the dealer can get to you is several hours. Maybe not so bad during warranty but if your having to pay mileage/labour before they reach you when the warranty is up.

Not a dig or an attack at you in anyway just wanted some feedback and if it's something you consider when buying your chosen machine.

If you don't mind me asking for a bit of feedback...appreciate you've had an issue and it's good the dealer sorted you out super quick but wouldn't you prefer local dealer support say around your local working area than having the supplying dealer 5 hours away? For example if you were half way through a job and had a breakdown the quickest the dealer can get to you is several hours. Maybe not so bad during warranty but if your having to pay mileage/labour before they reach you when the warranty is up.

Not a dig or an attack at you in anyway just wanted some feedback and if it's something you consider when buying your chosen machine.

No I would rather not have to use dealers, I would rather deal with the organ grinder not the chimps!

I was with another British manufacturer until a month ago snd alway had Great service direct from the factory then there policy of having to use dealers came in and customer service went down the pan.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Arbtalk mobile app

But if the dealer is as well geared up and knowledgeable as the Manufacture but can offer a support much more local surely then there isn't an issue?

Reasons for me asking is that I work for a GM dealer in the south. Our core business is turf machinery and we took on GM 4 years ago partly to fulfil a gap in our product line which we took to our existing customers. We are now at a point where we are splitting the arb stuff away from our groundcare business and dedicate guys into this side to give the level of support, service etc that the tree surgeon demands. Technicians being factory trained and looking to spend some time on the production line.

A local dealer which has a dedicated side into the arboriculture industry with local branches and knowledge of how there machines are built is a good thing surely?

told you to get a jensen :thumbup::biggrin:

if it makes you feel better ian my jeny broke a roller tension spring the other day wouldnt mind its only 8yr old & done 1500hrs :biggrin:,but fixed it wi a pruussik loop & a krab ,5,mins bk chipping ,new spring now fitted ,prussik washed & ironed & bk on me main climbing line :thumbup1:

But if the dealer is as well geared up and knowledgeable as the Manufacture but can offer a support much more local surely then there isn't an issue?

Reasons for me asking is that I work for a GM dealer in the south. Our core business is turf machinery and we took on GM 4 years ago partly to fulfil a gap in our product line which we took to our existing customers. We are now at a point where we are splitting the arb stuff away from our groundcare business and dedicate guys into this side to give the level of support, service etc that the tree surgeon demands. Technicians being factory trained and looking to spend some time on the production line.

A local dealer which has a dedicated side into the arboriculture industry with local branches and knowledge of how there machines are built is a good thing surely?

wel yr a 1,off then :biggrin:

My 2 "local" gm dealers carried no parts had no clue of the machines and couldn't even give a parts price over the phone, they were turf dealers aswell! if your a dealer you should at least know about the machines youe selling! One dealer told me a part was 20quid dearer than ir was from the factory! No thsnks.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Arbtalk mobile app

You cannot fault their commitment to this product. I have yet to buy a chipper or any other machine for that matter which does not have problems at some point and back up is the key. Some companies sort it straight away and other drag their feet, the Forst lads are certainly on the case.