How many miles has your truck done?

jamesd

Seen him on estate where I go. Both times been there he was broke down..

Pipes on crane I think.

Head forester said its a regular occurrence.

Bet that volvo goes well with no limiter.

Mines been tweaked!!!

Ha ha that's the one nick! He replaced the diff on the m6!

No limiter indeed!

One day he woke up in a lay-by in the lakes to a knock on the window surrounded by classic cars and bikes, when asked if he was there for the rally he said bu@@er off I've got to get this timber to Banbury! :lol:

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

09 plate transit 195k :)

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Thats good going! may keep mine as its only at 103000! How many miles do you think transits gor for? and still be reliable? as we do a fair bit of travelling in a day sometimes (up to 2hrs) so don't want to keep an older transit that may let us down.

I have a mate bob, who has an a reg Volvo f88 that has done just over 3 million now,

If you are on the roads generally travels between sawmills, Newcastle, Banbury, South Coast.

Green Timber trailer with massive crane you cannot miss him, big side burns.

Give him a wave

Will get a pic next time I see him

Some one else on here must know him absolute leg end!:thumbup:

Hi sounds just like the chap I used to see alot when I was hauling timber through out the south east and beyond in those days it was mostly blue varios shades on the cab and yes what big side burns he had and mostly wore a red and white neckerchief.Havent seen him for a long time as moved to west wales in 2003 but glad to hear he is still around .Any one got a picture of his lorry.

My 03 navara nearly 200k but doubt will make 3mill My old 97 erf comming up to 1.5million.

Cheers Big Chris.

Hi sounds just like the chap I used to see alot when I was hauling timber through out the south east and beyond in those days it was mostly blue varios shades on the cab and yes what big side burns he had and mostly wore a red and white neckerchief.Havent seen him for a long time as moved to west wales in 2003 but glad to hear he is still around .Any one got a picture of his lorry.

My 03 navara nearly 200k but doubt will make 3mill My old 97 erf comming up to 1.5million.

Cheers Big Chris.

He was at the Retro Truck show at Gaydon last year with it dressed pretty much as you've described him.The old girl looks a bit rough round the edges when you see it close up but it's still grafting.There;s a pic of it on here about half way down the page http://www.trucknetuk.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=75369&start=630

He was at the Retro Truck show at Gaydon last year with it dressed pretty much as you've described him.The old girl looks a bit rough round the edges when you see it close up but it's still grafting.There;s a pic of it on here about half way down the page The TruckNet UK Drivers RoundTable • View topic - volvo f88

That's him! He had a stroke last year so has some one drive for him now, he also has a dodge charger painters as general lee, his daughter is too embarrassed to drive in it!

Ha ha top bloke:thumbup:

Thats good going! may keep mine as its only at 103000! How many miles do you think transits gor for? and still be reliable? as we do a fair bit of travelling in a day sometimes (up to 2hrs) so don't want to keep an older transit that may let us down.

Just had a new clutch and flywheel. Had been rattling for 9 months. Turns out the flywheel had shifted and turned slightly and was jammed on itself. Was still working but was fubared.

Went to Aberdeen yesterday and came back today. 700 mile round trip no fuss.

On checking the clock it's on 197k. We got it at 160k in 2012. Previous owner was Scania shipping parts around the country so it's lived on motorways. I reckon there's a good few years left yet. Obviously things wear out and get replaced and regular servicing does it good but it should be fine for ages.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App