When to go hospital

Rich2484

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wife's a doc and done her stint in A&E. She recommends trying to get in touch with out of hours GP or getting an emergency appointment in the morning with your Gp. There is nothing that they can do for a sore neck/trapped nerve or muscle in spasm in A&E that they can't do in a GP's practice and you will probably get a better response time with GP's. There will be an out of hours GP in your area waiting for a call, ring your surgery and they should have a number to call or put you through to the out of hours guys.

Other than that. Hot bath hot water bottle, warmth not cold as it's probably the cold weather that contributed to the pain.

Wife's a doc and done her stint in A&E. She recommends trying to get in touch with out of hours GP or getting an emergency appointment in the morning with your Gp. There is nothing that they can do for a sore neck/trapped nerve or muscle in spasm in A&E that they can't do in a GP's practice and you will probably get a better response time with GP's. There will be an out of hours GP in your area waiting for a call, ring your surgery and they should have a number to call or put you through to the out of hours guys.

Other than that. Hot bath hot water bottle, warmth not cold as it's probably the cold weather that contributed to the pain.

I was told ice not heat for muscle in spasm .....

Hope your feeling better, I never go to the hospital or the docks but I think you no when you have to although I put it of for a couple of hours when I dislocated my shoulder the other week ,never had pain like that before. Passed out with pain when they tried to put it back with gas and air ,had to be put right out to get it back in. Get it checked out

Thanks all. I can't take brufen.

Calling docs, as I tend to agree that hospital won't be able to do much. Also going to call osteopath aswell. They did a great job when my back gave out last year, so will see what they can do.

But i still need to go up workshop and so some work. Will grit my teeth while I'm awaiting docs.

Yeah wasn't what I would call trauma, but my god does it hurt, actually managed to get out of bed this morn, and got some deep heat on it.

Docs are useless, tried calling as I'm typing and there next app isn't for two days. Think I will preserver with what I've got and see what happens.

Got some naproxen so will take some of those today. That should take any inflammation down. Just the pain to work through.

Many thanks all again.

Thanks all. I can't take brufen.

Calling docs, as I tend to agree that hospital won't be able to do much. Also going to call osteopath aswell. They did a great job when my back gave out last year, so will see what they can do.

But i still need to go up workshop and so some work. Will grit my teeth while I'm awaiting docs.

Yeah wasn't what I would call trauma, but my god does it hurt, actually managed to get out of bed this morn, and got some deep heat on it.

Docs are useless, tried calling as I'm typing and there next app isn't for two days. Think I will preserver with what I've got and see what happens.

Got some naproxen so will take some of those today. That should take any inflammation down. Just the pain to work through.

Many thanks all again.

I had the same with doc appointments so went to a walk in centre. Within 20mins i was seen too and had the meds👍.