Paleo diet for arborists

Steve Bullman

Scrambled eggs, with a little cheese and plum tomatoes for breakfast.

A leafy salad with meat or fish, some times with boiled eggs, often with sun dried tomatoes, beetroot, stuffed olives, ect, you need some things with good strong flavour to spice it up, IMO, for lunch, with fruit for afters.

Tea is normally what ever the family is having but without spuds and extra steamed veg.

This is just my personal take on things, I'm by no means strict and do have chocolate, beer, wine and even cake or bread from time to time.

It sounds like you and I are doing the exact same thing mate!

Yes we are mate :001_smile:

I find I am very seldom staving as I used to be, my energy levels are good and consistent.

I really don't think I have ever felt better.

do any of you lads eat quinoa??

it's low on the glycemic index and very easy to digest, I know it's carbs but also very high protein.

I'm going to have to give this paleo this a go, you lot seem to highly rate it.

Ian

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Add me to that list! Proper food.

Re the chocolate- the health benefits of cocoa are well documented. A 100g bar of 85% dark chocolate actually fits my macros pretty well. 19g of carbs and the rest fat and protein! :thumbup::thumbup: I can even eat a whole bar and stay in Keto if I want to.

Well, I didn't fall go the wagon as such. I still avoid sugar and wheat like the plague but I do drink milk and have a little rice now and then. Gave up the beer but have a weakness for wine at the moment. Still, down to 78 from 96 kilos and holding steady. Finding it quite easy now to avoid most of the crap. I have a customer of mine suffering from cancer. She's been told by the doctor it's white death and to be avoided as much as possible.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App