Paleo diet for arborists

Steve Bullman

Just had a Mexican omelette (cheers for recipe Ben!) and those fries do not interest me in the slightest. Hunger is a state of mind.

Down to 11 stone 0lb this morning. I'm 6' tall exactly. This has got to be the lightest weight of my adult life.

@WhiteNoise- black coffee and eggs is the best breakfast ever. I know what you mean about feeling rough, did you have a 'sugar hangover'?

Sugar Rush not good and I certainly won't be doing it again .

Sugar Rush not good and I certainly won't be doing it again .

Trust me, you will :lol: A couple of drinks and you will get the munchies, it will seem like a good idea!

I often 'carb up' on choccy biscuits on a Friday eve.... Still lost the weight, it's the overall profile of the week that counts, important not to lie to yourself.

Trust me, you will :lol: A couple of drinks and you will get the munchies, it will seem like a good idea!

I often 'carb up' on choccy biscuits on a Friday eve.... Still lost the weight, it's the overall profile of the week that counts, important not to lie to yourself.

I like your whole outlook on this subject . Might do 5 days low carb and weekends have the odd treat . I do feel loads better without sugar .Having said that I sometimes think of having full fat fizzy coke :001_tongue:

Here's a good pick-me-up for you low carb guys. Bulletproof coffee:

Brew a cup of decent ground coffee.

Add to a pre-warmed blender jug.

Add 15g of unsalted ideally organic butter

Blend.

I also add coconut oil and a drop of vanilla or maybe cocoa powder. Either way you're getting your good fats with no carbs. This and an egg based breakfast keeps me powering on without lunch on busy days.

I'm down to 10st 12lb at 6 foot tall. I've lost about six pounds in two weeks, scary stuff! :lol:

I'm half pie between the Paleo and the 5:2 diet in that I've cut out all the sugar, completely, and all the wheat and I also do 2 days of low calorie fasting. I have one cheat day which is Sunday in that I allow myself a glass of orange and a couple of pieces of toast at breakfast. The sugar is pretty easy and although I've only been going for a little over two weeks, I don't miss it at all. I sometimes miss bread, especially when the wife does home made soup and has a nice crusty sourdough (Lord knows how I'll cope in San Francisco next year) but in general it's been OK. Still working through what I can and can't eat and a couple of foods, such as rice, that are right on the line between the two. To be honest, even the toast on sunday left me feeling a bit odd. I've also found that Kumara chips are better tasting than normal chips. Chances are that I won't strictly follow either of these diets but more like use them to change my eating habits to cut out the rubbish almost completely.

Faster, stronger, fitter and leaner about sums it up for me. Skin feels better.....had several people comment i'm looking well. But the single thing that stands out for me is that i'm getting home in the evenings with as much energy left as I had when I left for work in the morning, despite the fact that i'm working harder and climbing quicker than I was previously.

Nice 1!

Personally I feel done in most of the time.

I may give this a try, I would need the house to be irradicated from all goodies though as I get bored in the house and raid the cupboards.

How much weight have you lost?

To be honest I thought it was going to be a struggle not raiding cupboards but it really is easy...probably because of how good i feel, I don't feel the need to go down that route again. We do have some stuff in the house still, mostly choc bars for the kids lunch though....I really am not even tempted by it now.

Weight wise..im not sure really as our scales are on the blink, must get a new set. I have lost most of my excess body fat though.