Paleo diet for arborists

Steve Bullman

I need to do something, I usually hit the gym this time of year for getting ready for spring but I'm sick of it, it's so boring and time consuming .

I'm giving the workout a go that was posted a couple pages ago. 12 minutes a week...lovely! :biggrin:

I'm climbing 4 days a week at the moment, in theory that should be giving me as much excercise as i need

Ok today is probably a fairly average example....

breakfast was 2 rashers of bacon, 3 poached aggs and a smoothie containing strawberries, banana and blueberries with coconut milk. I don't cook breakfast every morning.....the days I don't I would chuck 3 raw eggs in the smoothie aswell

To work I took a slice of melon, an avocado, and a tub with spinach leaves, handful of cherry toms, dozen olives, 2 smoked mackerel and a bit of left over gammon from last night. I ate this over the course of 2 breaks. In addition to that I have an old ice cream container with a mixture of pecans, dried fruit, brazils, almonds and pumpkin seeds, which I munch on as needed.

Dinner tonight was a chicken casserole consisting of chicken, broccoli, butternut squash, carrots, onion and garlic.

Will have a handful of mixed nuts and seeds later, and maybe a row of dark chocolate as a treat.

It doesn't sound like a lot of food, but i've found i'm eating less as the food is that much more nutrituous

Feeling great, body fat depleting... lots of energy, down 10 lbs... but it fluctuates. Try it Stevie, giving up sugar is the best thing you can do for your health, believe me!

I'm all but there. Down to 1 sugar in my tea, soon to drop to half.....but i've cut down on the amount of tea I drink also..in fact I haven't even had a cup today. Other than that, a little bit of sugar in the dark chocolate and thats it.

I've found the sugar part easy. Ben is right; you feel heaps better without. Same as snacking. Surprisingly enough I don't need to snack anywhere near like I did but I keep jerky and cashew nuts on hand for the savoury and grapes and some home made muffins made with almond flower, carrot, apple, sultanas, cinnamon and vanilla, for the sweet side. The only thing I'm really missing is crisps and a glass of wine. I have a cheat day on Sunday but try and keep that healthy anyway. I've probably not lost weight as its only been two weeks but my pants fit me better already as I'd changed my general eating habits just before Xmas, and I don't feel bloated and sluggish any more.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

I've found the sugar part easy. Ben is right; you feel heaps better without. Same as snacking. Surprisingly enough I don't need to snack anywhere near like I did but I keep jerky and cashew nuts on hand for the savoury and grapes and some home made muffins made with almond flower, carrot, apple, sultanas, cinnamon and vanilla, for the sweet side. The only thing I'm really missing is crisps and a glass of wine. I have a cheat day on Sunday but try and keep that healthy anyway. I've probably not lost weight as its only been two weeks but my pants fit me better already as I'd changed my general eating habits just before Xmas, and I don't feel bloated and sluggish any more.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

I'm with you on the beef jerky.....but try and get the proper stuff if possible, not the supermarket crap. I went to the market the other day and bought some really great south african stuff. Its reasonably soft unlike the packaged stuff, and contains a lot of fatty bits...its lush.

As for wine....its not that bad for you....i haven't cut it out, will still have a couple of glasses of an evening, if not im not working the following day