Paleo diet for arborists

Steve Bullman

Ideally I'd like to gain a bit of weight. Can you do this with the paleo diet? I'm 5:9 and just a bit over 9 stone. Even when I was eating lots of everything I rarely got over 10 stone. Just my metabolism. I feel less bloated which is good but I don't want to shed any more weight. Is it safe to eat bacon and eggs for breakfast every day?

Sean, is it possible your are a celiac???

I know one and he really struggled to gain weigh, if you are you may well find that following this diet you gain weight, he did when he cut out all wheat:thumbup1:

Organic products are highly recommended.

Bad breath ('metal breath') is a sign of ketosis- burning fat rather than carbs. Good sign, just buy some mouthwash and keep it in the truck.

If you are hungry, EAT! Chow down a pork belly steak. Have a bowl of cabbage microvaved in butter. If you are in ketosis, your body will burn those fats and proteins for fuel, not store them.

It's not a diet in which you starve yourself. Your body is programmed to store fats in times of excess- ie. when you've eaten ample carbs and then have the pack of pork scratchings on top. If you are running on fat you have to eat a hell of a lot more fat to store any.

How many on here are aiming for ketosis to loose weight and how many just want to eat natural?

Myself, I'm happy with weight at 6' tall and 11st 4lbs, 12% body fat. I eat keto because I enjoy it. I sometimes have a few apples or some dried fruit, knocking me out of ketosis for a bit. Now I've lost the weight it's no biggy.

I know that if I started eating all the wheat and sugar products, I'd be straight back up to 13/14 stone. Screw that.

Keep it up guys! :thumbup:

Cheers :thumbup: I'm aiming for ketosis . Getting some Ketosis strips from the chemist tomorrow . Hopefully these will show how much I'm in or out of ketosis .