Volkswagen Amorak or maybe something different!

WillTimberlake

P.s. If you looking at Rangers sub 10k I'd avoid 56/07 plate ones...

I've a 56 plate supercab (nice truck-when it works)

Ie: replaced, clutch, flywheel, gearbox recondition, various bearings, various sensors (including a shocking one that cut the engine whilst sitting at speed!!)

Mines now done 87k and touch wood is running sweetly just now, I believe the first of the newer shaped rangers where very problematic so best to avoid..

Old shape rangers seam to be the way forward...although newer ones are 140 a year to tax so one good point...haven't heard about so many issues with 08/09/10> rangers...

I only do about 8-10k a year as all

My business is local and my ranger just seamed to fall to bits if it's own accord...

Unless that 10 grand is cash I'd maybe look at personal loan ( so you can buy a year old truck fit all your winches and canopy , tyres etc,) and pay it off.

Lease vehicles have to be given back the way you get them which means a hefty bill at the body shop after 3?5? Years out in the field..

(Could depend on just how careful you are though..)

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I went Chinese with a Great Wall steed , don't laugh to much at the prospect of it either , mine has done 15000miles in 6 Months and has been faultless so far... But also has a 6 year warrantee or 125000miles ... A lot cheaper than the completions too as you would imagine being Chinese , but very good quality Work truck. Only issue you may Have is the 2.5t towing limit .... Worth a look though :001_smile:

Any one else got one?

They are cheap

I find mine very nice to drive , feels like a car to drive , as good as you need off-road, obviously not a Landie but is as good as my ranger ever was... Services are always quick , main dealer service cost me £220 which I don't think is bad at all! I am very impressed with mine and would recommend one ! Was told with parts next day for 90% if not in stock and 7 days if it is a very strange part , say a clip for the interior or somthing that doesn't often break... All I have had to do is raise the front suspension as the front ground clearance was a little low, however that was a 10 Minute job as it's just adjusting the torsion bars.:thumbup:

you need 1,of these,thye did have some good deals going,got mine from a franchiesd dealer & saved over 4k :biggrin:

get a izuzu the vw is so big only 2ltr engine to flash and expenzive will get a very good izuzu for less than a vw the newish navaras are ok o6 plate and on but if i change my navara will look at the izuzu friend has one has over 100k and fault free

I went Chinese with a Great Wall steed , don't laugh to much at the prospect of it either , mine has done 15000miles in 6 Months and has been faultless so far... But also has a 6 year warrantee or 125000miles ... A lot cheaper than the completions too as you would imagine being Chinese , but very good quality Work truck. Only issue you may Have is the 2.5t towing limit .... Worth a look though :001_smile:

just had a look for price very good looks like the old navara and 6 year warrenty can not go far wrong with one. are they good off road

It would be worth having a look at January edition of "4x4" magazine as it features their pick up of the year test. They covered the Isuzu D-Max, VW Amarok, Toyota Hi-Lux, Mitsubishi L200, Nissan Navarra, Great Wall Steed and SsangYong Korando Sports.

Notice anything missing????? The Ford Ranger won their 2013 test but has been left out this year as they reckon if you placed an order for one now, you would be lucky to receive it within 52 weeks!!

Here's some key figures at a glance:

Make Towing Engine Torque Economy Basic Price (ex VAT)

Isuzu 3500 400Nm 33.6 £22974

VW 3200 420Nm 35.3 £24225

HiLux 2800 343Nm 36.7 £21169

L200 2700 350Nm 32.1 £23249

Navara 2600 450Nm 33.6 £22221

Great Wall 2500 305Nm 34 £13998

I would certainly try and get to drive a Ranger though, ex demos seem to be available.