Lotto wish list!

Stephen Blair

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

That sounded really depressing on reading it again it was not meant to sound like that. Just shows how events can change perception on things.:001_smile:

I knew exactly what you meant :001_smile:

Its the human condition, we tend to only see things from our current perspective, we look to improve our circumstances and those of our family, its a good thing really, it promotes ambition and encourages us all to strive for an improved standard of life.

But as you point out, a sudden and horrific shift in our circumstance or that of our family, soon make us realise how blessed and fortunate most of us are. In reality to have a healthy family is way beyond any lotto win, but we so easily take it for granted.

I think the things you have shared with us on here have made many if not all really remember whats important in life.

Wishing you all the very best in your very difficult situation, Dave.

I knew exactly what you meant :001_smile:

Its the human condition, we tend to only see things from our current perspective, we look to improve our circumstances and those of our family, its a good thing really, it promotes ambition and encourages us all to strive for an improved standard of life.

But as you point out, a sudden and horrific shift in our circumstance or that of our family, soon make us realise how blessed and fortunate most of us are. In reality to have a healthy family is way beyond any lotto win, but we so easily take it for granted.

I think the things you have shared with us on here have made many if not all really remember whats important in life

Wishing you all the very best in your very difficult situation, Dave.

That's what I wanted to say but could not find the words.

FairPlay .:001_smile:

Only want 1 & half - 2 million. Wouldn't go daft. I like my life how it is just wish for a bit more money. Would leave one million in the bank and live off interest. The other 500,000 / 1000000 would be to buy the house I'm in, holiday etc

So, how much do you earn on a million pounds?

First, let’s assume an interest rate of 4%, compounded monthly.

Your million pounds will have earned:

1 day: £110

1 month: £3,333

1 year: £40,742

5 years: £220,997

10 years: £490,833

20 years: £1,222,582

30 years: £2,313,498

The sums above is taken from - http://monevator.com/how-much-interest-do-you-earn-on-a-million-pounds/